Sr. Director, Local Customer ExperienceI'm Interested Date posted 11/11/2020
Requisition ID # 71066
Job Category : Customer Support / Operations
Job Level : Senior Director
Business Unit: Customer Care
Job Location : San Francisco
Customer Care is devoted to serving PG&E’s mission of delivering safe, reliable, and affordable customer-focused electric and gas service. As PG&E’s customer-facing organization, we support Electric Operations, Gas Operations, and Energy Supply. We aim to define and drive the enterprise-wide customer strategy while encouraging a culture of safety, affordability, and employee engagement.
The Senior Director, Local Customer Experience enables the achievement of the Local Customer Experience organization’s mission: to enable and support a purposeful “One PG&E” customer experience that aligns cross-functional priorities, drives focused collaboration and improves local customer and community outcomes. The Local Customer Experience organization accomplishes this through the successful implementation of strategies that will drive: 1) tightly coordinated gas and electric operations for enhanced customer experiences locally with PG&E, 2) proactive, targeted and transparent multi-channel customer and community education and engagement, 3) resolution, mitigation, and reduction of escalated customer service failures, and 4) active support for local community resiliency and economic vitality.
- Responsible for the development and execution of natural gas and electric field-based strategies that support a positive “One PG&E” customer presence at the local and PG&E system level.
- Provides strategic oversight over development and implementation of dual-commodity customer outreach programs, both centralized and field-based, including core gas and electric programs, as well as emerging focus areas such as wildfire mitigation, customer/community resiliency, community education, and competitive issues.
- Develops and implements local strategic plans, as well as engages cross-functional collaboration across a geographically diverse organization.
- Leads (via direct report team) Customer Care PSPS PMO and CWSP customer program development and improvements
- Develops effective cross-functional leadership teams across the PG&E territory that facilitate collaborative engagement with critical members of enterprise LOBs to plan, track and monitor division performance, resolve local operational challenges, identify opportunities for tighter collaboration, prepare for/recover from key activities going on in a local area, drive community event participation and support, and support local employee volunteerism.
- Leads the team to drive a culture of continuous improvement and risk mitigation (customer experience, safety, and compliance) with successful internal process management/adjustment.
- Communicates to and engages executive leadership in local successes, opportunities for tighter alignment across the business, and key areas of division team customer experience focus.
- Develops and maintains key cross-functional relationships to address prioritized and escalated issues that are beyond the scope of the region/division team directors and/or planning and operations director.
- Ensures information and best practices for operational excellence and community engagement are shared across divisions and partnering teams.
- Plans and mobilizes highly focused teams to address time-sensitive needs associated with crisis recovery or high impact programs with designated operational timeframes.
- Develops and implements action plans to resolve escalating customer or community inquiries and concerns associated with third-party energy service providers or PG&E’s involvement in community vitality matters are addressed in a timely and thorough manner.
- Leading the Economic Development services for the company, creating and executing overall community economic vitality through offered programs and services.
- Develops and implements Customer emergency response efforts at both the enterprise and local levels in support of level 1-5 all-hazard events, including PSPS activations and wildfire response.
- Provides leadership and guidance as to the primary Customer Strategy Officer in the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) within the Incident Command Structure (ICS).
- Safeguards all regulatory and non-regulatory compliance obligations and mitigate potential business and regulatory risks.
PG&E expects its leaders to conduct themselves with the highest ethics and integrity and to embody specific leadership qualities.
- Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Operating effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear.
A Leader in the Community and Industry
- Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Demonstrates Safety Leadership
- A safety champion in words and deeds with respect to both employee and public safety.
- Maintaining an environment of open dialog and free of retaliation.
Influences and Inspires
- Using various- communications that convey a clear understanding of the needs of different audiences.
- Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related dynamics.
Optimizes Team Performance
- Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Creating a climate where people are developed and motivated to do their best to help the organization.
Values Diversity and Creates Inclusion
- Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Interpreting and applying an understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Leads Ethically and in a Compliant Manner
- Sponsoring and sustaining a high integrity speak-up corporate culture which prioritizes ethics, safety, and compliance.
- Building on the necessary level of industry, company, and subject-matter expertise, including laws and regulations.
Provides a High Level of Customer Service
- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- BS or BA degree in a business discipline, sciences, engineering, business, related discipline; or equivalent experience
- Ten years of relevant experience.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time, primarily throughout PG&E service territory with some overnight travel.
- MBA or MS in a business discipline, sciences, engineering, related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Track record of managing/leading high performing geographically dispersed teams that drive operational excellence with an exemplary focus on the customer experience Lean Six Sigma Yellow/Green/Black Belt certification
- Experience managing budgets across a multitude of funding streams, expenses, and variances
- Strong negotiation skills
- A collaborative influencer who can drive solutions by aligning the right people/teams
- Ability to interact with Executives, and the ability to influence decisions at the C-suite level
- Knowledge and ability to make operational decisions to build and/or align resources on work that will move the business forward
- Ability to conveys messages simply, concisely, and at the right pace and tone for the audience
- Adept at establishing partnerships and alliances to extend reach and market opportunities
- National Incident Management System (NIMS) ICS 300 and ICS 400 certified