Strategic Analyst, SeniorI'm Interested Date posted 03/11/2020
Requisition ID # 42421
Job Category : Business Operations / Strategy
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Customer Care
Job Location : San Francisco
The PG&E Energy Efficiency (EE) group focuses on inspiring and empowering our customers to eliminate unnecessary energy use, reduce their carbon footprint and save money. We manage a diverse portfolio of products and strategic programs that expertly deliver the right solutions across all customer segments, sizes, geographic locations and engagement preferences. As the nation’s largest energy efficiency program, EE is helping to transform markets, set building codes and appliance standards and be the marker by which all other utilities are measured.
The EE Policy, Strategy and Reporting team shapes and improves the policy and regulatory environment to give customers choice and control over how they use and manage energy, and achieve California’s climate and clean energy goals. The team provides the larger EE team with the right tools, policies, strategy, data analytics, and compliance support they need to be the best portfolio managers. The team works closely with the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) and other Investor Owned Utilities (IOUs) to develop and analyze EE policies and strategies, recommend policy changes, provide guidance on EE program compliance items, and communicate PG&E EE accomplishments. The team also supports other PG&E lines of business providing thought leadership on state legislative bills, California Energy Commission (CEC) proposals, and other state EE policy issues.
This position will coordinate policy and strategy discussions, research and provide recommendations on EE policy issues, support the delivery of EE compliance requirements, and coordinate with both internal and external stakeholders to advocate for the success of the portfolio. The position will lead various filings and data requests for the EE team and must coordinate with both subject matter experts on the business side and regulatory/legal experts. The successful candidate should be comfortable engaging and communicating with internal leaders, other IOUs, the CPUC, and other intervenors in the EE proceeding.
The candidate must demonstrate high accountability, strong organizational and project management skills, and be energized and passionate about learning. The successful candidate must have strong communication skills and the ability to develop presentation materials for external stakeholders and internal leadership. The candidate must be comfortable working autonomously and with cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Engineering, Economics, Public Policy, or a relevant or related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in strategic planning, analysis, policy development or advocacy, program or project management, research, writing and/or related experience
- Demonstrated ability to organize, manage, and complete complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to meet strict deadlines
- Experience working through others to produce deliverables on time
- Ability to anticipate and preempt challenges
- Experience clearly writing complex arguments
- Experience working with legal and regulatory based agencies
- An understanding of energy efficiency in California
- Strong analytical skills
- Comfort working autonomously or in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and adapt to changing business priorities
- Lead PG&E responses to data requests in EE proceedings
- Lead or support PG&E filings (e.g. advice letters, comment requests) in EE proceedings
- Lead research and analysis to support policy positions for EE policy team
- Inform the EE Portfolio Management team of EE regulatory requirements and policy background
- Develop and advance strategic positions within EE by engaging key stakeholders
- Support cross-functional teams in implementing CPUC and legislative directives
- Research, review, and analyze issues in regulatory filings
- Lead and support compliance requirements to ensure items are identified, tracked, monitored, and implemented
- Support organization by providing EE policy information, data, and direction to EE teams through various delivery channels