Technical System SpecialistI'm Interested Date posted 01/05/2021
Requisition ID # 75432
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Customer Care
Job Location : San Francisco
The Corporate Security Department (CSD) is part of the enterprise Security organization within PG&E. Our mission is to protect the people, assets and facilities of PG&E. The department includes regional physical security, security asset and technology management, security operations center, critical infrastructure protection, compliance, investigations, emergency response, training and awareness and executive protection teams. Given the criticality of the infrastructure and the facilities it is housed within, PG&E has several compliance obligations at both the federal and state level. We work together internally and in concert with lines of business and supporting partners to provide security based on identified risks.
The role of the Technical System Specialist is to manage the entire lifecycle of assigned Security product(s) or service(s) to achieve and maintain the highest levels of protection supporting the Critical Infrastructure Protection and Compliance team. Major responsibilities include collaborating with key stakeholders in the selection process, developing detailed system designs from requirements, systems administration, detailed documentation and written reports, vendor management, capacity management, meeting or exceeding regulatory requirements, developing technical standards, contributing to future direction and roadmaps, escalated support, product consulting, and compliance artifacts.
- Performs product management duties with peers or assigned for physical security products, systems or services. (EG;, Access Control, Video Surveillance, Intrusion Detection Platforms)
- Contribute to the continuous product lifecycle from research, planning and implementation to retirement.
- Develops technical competence in specific product(s) or service(s).
- Perform autonomously with consulting a more senior Product Specialist on increasing complex or sensitive products or services.
OT PRODUCT ANALYSIS
- Partner with peers in the accountable planning organization to understand the strategic vision and how it applies to the targeted products or services.
- Understand the industry’s product positioning, the product’s key benefits, and the product’s targeted users.
- Partner with peers on the evaluation of new market technologies.
- Demonstrate full technical competence within the general areas of computing, network and physical security technology systems.
- Understand and analyze a project’s business, technical, operational and compliance requirements.
- Collaborate with peers to translate requirements into a detailed solution design that teams can leverage to properly deploy and implement.
- Document design specifications, installation instructions, configuration manuals, procedure manuals, and other system-related information.
- Be able to provide accurate project timelines, labor and materials cost estimates to the project.
- Work with projects to determine the best use of existing technology capacity for resource allocation.
- Perform contract management and be responsible for understanding and complying with the product’s existing maintenance contracts and/or licenses.
- Work closely with IT professionals to troubleshoot and resolve operational issues.
- In the absence of a third-tier support specialist, perform the role of third-tier support to other IT professionals.
VENDOR TECHNICAL LIAISON
- Participate in business, technical, and contract negotiations with vendors.
- Act as a conduit for vendor relationship, licensing, and incident management.
- Contributes to a variety of documentation such as strategies, plans, designs, usage or configuration standards, policies, guidelines, user requirements, roadmaps, reports, metrics, process manuals, configuration manuals, and other documentation specific and necessary for the targeted product or service.
- AA/AS in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 2 years of relevant technical experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of relevant technical experience
- Has strong technical knowledge in network and physical security platforms
- Technical Certifications in AMAG, Genetech
- ASIS Certified APP, PSP, CPP
- Knowledge of FERC Dam Sector Regulations, NERC CIP, CPUC SB-699, TSA or DOT Security Regulations
- Good written communication, ability to document procedures, and collaborates effectively with others
- Understanding of Industry IT/OT roles and responsibilities
- Knowledge of Industry Project Management practices
- Able to contribute to the development of cost estimates and contribute to delivering technology solutions
- Good active listening and analytical skills with aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving