Web Analytics, Expert
Requisition ID # 87589
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Customer Care
The Digital Strategy team at PG&E sits in the Customer Care organization and oversees customer facing web properties such as pge.com and the Safety & Alert Center used during Public Safety Power Shutoffs (PSPS). The team also oversees the notifications platforms that send text, email and phone calls to customers during regular operations and emergencies.
The Digital Strategy team is comprised of five core functions:
- Digital Strategy sets the vision for customer facing digital properties, providing governance and oversight for company-wide customer facing initiatives.
- Web Operations is comprised of the creative services team which handles a wide range of requests from copywriting and design projects, to content publishing and optimization.
- Digital Analytics collects and analyzes both quantitative and qualitative metrics for our online properties, providing real-time customer insights that inform everything we do.
- Web Product Management oversees all transactional, self-service functions to help ensure that customers can get outage information, pay their bill, request a service appointment or manage their energy use.
- Supports Emergency Operations Center for customer notifications as part of Public Safety Power Shut-off Events
The team is friendly, collaborative, nimble and creative and embodies an unwavering focus on the customer and dedication to the team’s success. The team functions like a startup but within the context of a larger, mature organization. The team’s methodologies are firmly rooted in e-commerce best practices, with access to the same tools and approaches used at many of the top retailers in the US. Pge.com was awarded the #1 rank out of 114 utility websites in a 2017 study by Esource and continues to be listed in the top 10.
In 2020, PG&E strengthened the reliability of its digital properties for both everyday use and emergencies by moving pge.com into the cloud and building a dedicated cloud-based alert site for use during Public Safety Power Shutoffs (PSPS). The sites were designed to withstand a minimum of 240 million hits per hour, helping ensure availability of the critical information customers need.
The Expert Web Analyst position is a vital member of the Digital Strategy team. This role will work closely with business partners in marketing, product and the call centers to create and drive a cohesive strategy and roadmap for all sources of customer insights owned by the department. This includes Voice of the Customer (Opinionlab), behavior analytics like session playback, and web analytics (Adobe Analytics). Initiatives also include cross-channel journey analytics vendors, CRM vendors such as Salesforce, and data warehousing systems to create an omnichannel view of customer support. In addition to department owned customer insights, this role will also partner closely with numerous agency partners to ensure essential marketing campaign data and attribution is recorded and then effectively utilized by internal stakeholders.
What You Will Get
- The opportunity to work on a highly trafficked and meaningful company website that is customer centric being both informational, but highly functional.
- The opportunity to contribute to a best in class digital organization that ships real products to real users using e-commerce fundamentals.
- Work amongst a highly dedicated and intelligent group of peers equally enthusiastic about the contributions they make.
- Extreme management support for your development and your day to day success.
- Autonomy to make decisions amongst the team
- Best in class perks and benefits
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Business, MIS, Data Science or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- 7 years of work experience as a web or business analyst
- Deep customer focus
- Proficient in Power BI, Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Experience with programming languages (SQL) and stats packages (e.g. Python)
- Competency in planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments
- Experience in E-Commerce, job-related
- Experience working with contact centers or omnichannel support
- Experience with Adobe or other web analytics packages
- Experience with the Agile methodology
- Ability to understand and translate highly complex data into stories for those not versed in technical terminology
- Performs analysis on highly complex data models that have cross-functional impact and communicate data stories to executives and key stakeholders via presentations, written summaries, and data visualizations.
- Responsible for creating key performance indicator (KPI) dashboards and reports, proactively review metrics to develop the strategy and priority for improvements.
- Work closely with SEO, Performance Marketing, Web Traffic, and CRM analytics teams to understand data needs and find innovative ways to help them.
- Responds to regulatory data requests, investigations, compliance and regulatory audits and customer inquiries.
- Provide ad hoc analyses to gain insight into user experience and behavior and present actionable insights and recommendations that enable greater customer engagement.