Central Coast, Superintendent (San Jose)
Requisition ID # 87704
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Electric Operations
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E’s electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
Manages teams involved in maintaining or building parts, command & control outage response, and monitoring and restoration efforts of the system-wide service territory distribution grid. Provides safe and reliable electric service while maintaining compliance with the California Public Utility Commission (CPUC) General Orders, and all procedures and safety regulations and other regulatory requirements.
Analyze and prioritize outages to determine most efficient restoration needs. Implements safety policies and best practices and manages employee accountability. Ensures full compliance with the Injury & Illness Prevention Programs.
- Ensures maintenance and construction work in assigned area is completed on time, within budget and quality expectations while adhering to safety and regulatory compliance.
- Operates, maintains and construct the electric system in a way that's consistent with all regulatory requirements.
- Manages approximately $40 million capital and expense budget to ensure work identified in the Operating Plan is completed and unit cost targets are achieved.
- Assess complex field situations and makes decisions and recommendations for solution.
- Ensures a high customer satisfaction result by always keeping the customer needs at the forefront of decision making. Identifies customer safety issues and communicates those issues under high pressure, time restricted situations to the customer.
- Recommends best practices to subordinate staff and overrides unsafe decisions in a practical tactical way.
- Partners with peers, staff departments, matrix organizations and outside agencies to achieve departmental goals and improve overall business results. Identifies and influences implementation of best practices to improve productivity and reduce operating costs
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Seven (7) years of related experience in electric utility maintenance, construction, or operations.
- Three (3) years’ supervisory experience.
- Travel of at least 10% - 50% with occasional overnight stays.
- Must be able to travel and work a flexible schedule, including being on call as well as responding to emergencies that may occur throughout the service territory.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Leadership experience, electric construction
- Leadership experience, union-represented employees