Electric Distribution, Supervisor (Cinnabar)
Requisition ID # 142760
Job Category: Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level: Supervisor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Work Type: Onsite
Job Location: San Jose
The Coworkers of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
The Electric Distribution, Supervisor manages employees involved in maintaining and/or building parts of the Electric Operations distribution grid. Supervisors will lead teams working on projects within a specific division. The Supervisors are expected to provide safe and reliable electric service while maintaining compliance with the California Public Utility Commission (CPUC) General Orders, all safety regulations and other regulatory requirements. The leaders fully implement safety best practices and manage employee’s accountability. Supervisors must ensure full compliance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program.
- Travels at least 20% of the time with occasional overnight stays. Ensures maintenance and construction work is completed on time and within budget and quality expectations, while monitoring compliance to standards and specifications
- Develops and/or executes action plans to address deficiencies in process or employee skill/knowledge and track the progress of those plans. Provides current, direct, complete and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others.
- Builds constructive and effective relationships using diplomacy and treats direct reports equitably. Completes and maintains all work documentation and reporting.
- Effectively utilizes resources by monitoring crew productivity. Identifies and pursues productivity improvements and implements work practices to reduce operating costs while meeting corporate and regulatory compliance.
- Reviews current work practices for operational efficiencies and deficiencies. Identifies and reacts to complex field decisions, utilizing technical knowledge and experience to move forward quickly, considering cost, risk, safety, quality, and customer impact.
- Ensures that customers’ needs and expectations are met. Provides clear, professional, proactive communication with customers in a variety of field situations during the project, while ensuring regulatory compliance and safety.
- Facilitates and leads weekly team meetings/tailboards. Regularly visits field work sites to monitor progress and employee performance. Develops and maintains regional contacts and interacts with local government.
- Proactively prepares for emergency situations; supports company efforts during emergencies. Supervises staff including bargaining unit employees, to accomplish results through recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management, and rewards and recognition.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in engineering, manufacturing, construction, field maintenance operations, or related electric utility experience
- Must be able to travel and work a flexible schedule, including being on call as well as responding to emergencies that may occur throughout our service territory
- CA Class C License, or equivalent
- Previous experience in the electric utility industry; Journeyman Lineman experience preferred
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in the areas of Engineering, Construction, or Business Administration
- Demonstrated ability to uphold safety standards and participate in continuous process improvement
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and/or supervising bargaining unit personnel
- Ability to influence a team to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Experience using business metrics to motivate and influence performance
- Extensive leadership skills including developing and conducting presentations to employees and management
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work outside in remote areas, steep and/or uneven terrain, and inclement weather conditions
- Associates Degree in Engineering or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience as Lineman, journey-level
- Utility industry experience, electric