Expert Business Analyst (Flexible Location)
Requisition ID # 88980
Job Category : Business Operations / Strategy
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : Alameda; Alta; Angels Camp; Antioch; Auberry; Auburn; Avenal; Avila Beach; Bakersfield; Balch Camp; Bear Valley; Belden; Bellota; Belmont; Benicia; Berkeley; Brentwood; Brisbane; Buellton; Burney; Buttonwillow; Calistoga; Campbell; Canyon Dam; Capitola; Caruthers; Chico; Clearlake; Clovis; Coalinga; Colusa; Concord; Concord; Corcoran; Cottonwood; Cupertino; Daly City; Danville; Davis; Dinuba; Downieville; Dublin; Emeryville; Eureka; Fairfield; Folsom; Fort Bragg; Fortuna; Fremont; French Camp; Fresno; Fresno; Fulton; Garberville; Geyserville; Gilroy; Goodyear; Grass Valley; Guerneville; Half Moon Bay; Hayward; Hinkley; Hollister; Holt; Houston; Huron; Jackson; Kerman; King City; Lakeport; Lemoore; Lincoln; Linden; Livermore; Lodi; Loomis; Los Banos; Lower Lake; Madera; Magalia; Manteca; Manton; Mariposa; Martell; Marysville; Maxwell; Menlo Park; Merced; Meridian; Millbrae; Milpitas; Modesto; Monterey; Montgomery Creek; Morgan Hill; Morro Bay; Moss Landing; Mountain View; Napa; Needles; Newark; Newman; Novato; Oakdale; Oakhurst; Oakland; Oakley; Olema; Orinda; Orland; Oroville; Palo Alto; Paradise; Parkwood; Paso Robles; Petaluma; Pioneer; Pismo Beach; Pittsburg; Placerville; Pleasant Hill; Point Arena; Potter Valley; Quincy; Rancho Cordova; Red Bluff; Redding; Richmond; Ridgecrest; Rio Vista; Rocklin; Roseville; Round Mountain; Sacramento; Salinas; San Bruno; San Carlos; San Francisco; San Francisco; San Jose; San Luis Obispo; San Mateo; San Rafael; San Ramon; San Ramon; Sanger; Santa Cruz; Santa Maria; Santa Nella; Santa Rosa; Selma; Shaver Lake; Sonoma; Sonora; South San Francisco; Springville; Stockton; Storrie; Taft; Tracy; Turlock; Twain; Ukiah; Vacaville; Vallejo; Walnut Creek; Wasco; Watsonville; West Sacramento; Wheatland; Whitmore; Willits; Willow Creek; Willows; Winters; Woodland; Yuba City
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy to nearly 16 million people in Northern and Central California. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
The Business Analyst position supports the day-to-day development of the electric distribution operations work plan. Responsibilities include working directly with local planning and scheduling teams to support work plan attainment, implement planning changes and track weekly revisions to multiple data sets. This role requires an in-depth knowledge of data analysis and reporting, as well as expert skills in Microsoft Excel. Responsibilities also include leading special projects related to strategic planning and execution.
Conducts research, data analysis and reporting in support of business decision making, strategy and operations. Participates in business process improvement, quality control and other initiatives. Develops, manages and coordinates performance and quality assessment, business process re-engineering, change management, communication and training.
This position supports the system-wide Electric Work and Resource Planning group.
Position Location Flexible within the PG&E Service Territory.
- Applies advanced knowledge to wide- ranging issues
- Develop business cases in support of strategy or change initiatives
- Develops innovative data solutions to address complex business issues. Presents findings and proposed recommendations to leaders
- Executes OT/UT while managing call delivery requirements across sites
- May provide direction and coaching to other Business Analysts
- Performs analysis on highly complex data models that have cross- functional impact
- Works with and leverages relationships with Directors and Managers across functions / PG&E
Manages cross-functional projects or initiatives
- BS in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience required
- Job-related experience, 6 years
- Graduate Degree or equivalent experience
Strong experience with Microsoft Excel
Extensive knowledge of different analytical methods, approaches and tactics
- Broad expertise in what-if modeling analysis, concepts, methods and techniques and analysis of how different factors affect business outcomes
- Creative problem solving skills to develop solutions
- Strong analytical and writing skills to create compelling business cases based on complex business environments and inputs
- Influence skills to effectively gain buy in from leaders inside and outside of the department Knowledge and understanding of key drivers affecting business results
- Project management skills to lead large and complex projects working with cross-functional teams
- Organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Adaptable to changing business conditions and ambiguity
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Project, Visio or similar software
- Experience in Microsoft Access, Power BI, and Power Query