Associate Engineering Training Instructor - DCPP
Requisition ID # 140601
Job Category: Nuclear Generation
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Generation
Work Type: Onsite
Job Location: San Luis Obispo
Diablo Canyon Power Plant (DCPP) safely and reliably produces electricity that is environmentally responsible and cost effective for our customers and shareholders. DCPP's mission is to be the leading nuclear power plant in the country and to: Inspire and positively influence the industry through our safe, reliable, and excellent operational performance. Embrace new ideas to continuously improve our plant and our work environment. Proactively learn from ourselves and others. Enrich our communities and the environment, increasing the public's trust and confidence in nuclear power.
Conducts training through classroom instruction and laboratory activities via the systematic approach to training. Responsible for the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of training programs in one or more of the following areas: Engineering Support Personnel (ESP), and Non-accredited training programs.
To obtain and maintain employment, you must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen, a security background check for unescorted access to a nuclear plant, psychological screen, and be subject to random drug and alcohol screening in fulfillment of federal requirements.
- Analyzes subject material for new and revised training.
- Applies human performance tools and provide coaching to reinforce safety behaviors using the Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant (DCPP) Site Standards Handbook.
- Develops classroom and laboratory setting lessons, qualification guides, and test questions.
- Encourages and facilitates employee involvement in the training process.
- Ensures that classroom and laboratory housekeeping exemplifies management expectations.
- Evaluates training process by the collection of data, including test results, feedback, and the performance of post training evaluations.
- Has basic knowledge of technical/professional concepts.
- Implements developed training by being prepared to present the material and ensuring the instructional facilities and resources are adequate and ready to provide a quality learning experience.
- Includes as low as reasonably achievable (ALARA) topics that cover minimizing exposure and contaminations in classroom and lab material and discussions.
- Learning to apply concepts, developing technical/ professional skill set.
- Manager sets priorities, gives detailed instructions, and reviews work regularly.
- Models and reinforces management expectations and engaging students in classrooms and labs to improve the safety culture.
- Models and reinforces management expectations for the use of human performance tools and techniques to include coaching and acknowledging students when appropriate.
- Performs management observations in training settings as well as in the plant.
- Presents information, using a variety of instructional techniques and formats such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, and lectures.
- Uses established processes and practices to complete work assignments within established parameters.
- Uses the design process to determine performance training and qualification guidelines, establish training settings, sequence training objectives, and identify test items from the objectives.
- Works on structured or routine assignments of limited scope and complexity.
- High School or GED-General Educational Development-GED Diploma
- 2 years of experience in the technical subject area of instruction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Strong relationship management ability
- Skilled at problem solving
- Project management skills