DCPP Associate Nuclear Instructor
Requisition ID # 86381
Job Category : Nuclear Generation
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Generation
Diablo Canyon Power Plant (DCPP) safely and reliably produces electricity that is environmentally responsible and cost effective for our customers and shareholders. DCPP's mission is to be the leading nuclear power plant in the country and to: Inspire and positively influence the industry through our safe, reliable, and excellent operational performance. Embrace new ideas to continuously improve our plant and our work environment. Proactively learn from ourselves and others. Enrich our communities and the environment, increasing the public's trust and confidence in nuclear power.
Conducts training through classroom instruction and laboratory activities via the systematic approach to training. Responsible for the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of the Engineering Support Personnel (ESP) Training Program.
To obtain and maintain employment, you must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen, a security background check for unescorted access to a nuclear plant, psychological screen, weapons access verification, and be subject to random drug and alcohol screening in fulfillment of federal requirements
- Analyzes subject material for new and revised training.
- Uses the design process to determine performance training and evaluation guides (PTEG), establish training settings, sequence training objectives, and identify test items from the objectives.
- Develops classroom and laboratory setting lessons, PTEGs, and test questions.
- Implements developed training by being prepared to present the material and ensuring the instructional facilities and resources are adequate and ready to provide a quality learning experience.
- Evaluates training process by the collection of data, including test results, feedback, and the performance of post training evaluations.
- Models and reinforces management expectations and engaging students in classrooms and labs to improve the safety culture.
- Encourages and facilitates employee involvement in the training process.
- Models and reinforces management expectations for the use of human performance tools and techniques to include coaching and acknowledging students when appropriate.
- Has basic knowledge of technical/professional concepts.
- Learning to apply concepts, developing technical/ professional skill set.
- Works on structured or routine assignments of limited scope and complexity.
- Obtains and maintains instructor qualifications, certifications, and technical proficiency.
- Performs emergency response organization duties.
- High school diploma or equivalent minimum
- At least two years of experience in the technical subject area of instruction
- Adjunct Instructor qualified
- Be able to obtain an INPO Instructor Certification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Strong relationship management ability
- Skilled at problem solving
- Project management skills
- Degree in Engineering field