DCPP Electrical Control Technician
Requisition ID # 144533
Job Category: Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Generation
Work Type: Onsite
Job Location: San Luis Obispo; Avila Beach
Diablo Canyon Power Plant (DCPP) safely and reliably produces electricity that is environmentally responsible and cost effective for our customers and shareholders. DCPP's mission is to be the leading nuclear power plant in the country and to: Inspire and positively influence the industry through our safe, reliable, and excellent operational performance. Embrace new ideas to continuously improve our plant and our work environment. Proactively learn from ourselves and others. Enrich our communities and the environment, increasing the public's trust and confidence in nuclear power.
This is an IBEW Local 1245 represented classification, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at PG&E.
Duties range from testing and maintenance to rework of electrical components.
To obtain and maintain employment, you must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen, a security background check for unescorted access to a nuclear plant, psychological screen, and be subject to random drug and alcohol screening in fulfillment of federal requirements.
PG&E is providing the hourly rate range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual hourly rate paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, collective bargaining agreement, and internal equity. Although we estimate the successful candidate hired into this role will be placed towards the middle or entry point of the range, the decision will be made on a case-by-case basis related to these factors.
Under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement, the starting hourly rate range for this position is $64.23 to $70.64, subject to collectively bargained wage increases.
Tests, calibrates, maintains, and installs all electrical power plant control systems and their individual components.
An employee, who, without direct supervision, tests, calibrates, maintains, and may install all electrical power plant control systems and their individual components. This will include, but is not necessarily limited to, protective relaying, turbine and engine governors and their associated local enunciators, voltage regulators, inverters, battery charger controls, specialty meters, MG controls, adjustable frequency drives, and crane controls. The employee may be required to assist plant engineers in performing and evaluating plant tests.The employee's background of training, education and experience must be such as to qualify the employee to perform these duties with skill and efficiency. The assignment may include duties normally performed by an Electrician.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s license or ability to obtain by first day of employment
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds a minimum of one time a day
- Ability to work around energized, high voltage and large mechanical rotating equipment and within and around a nuclear environment
- Ability to climb while wearing fall protection and lift/carry heavy tools/materials over narrow slippery surfaces, up and down stairways and ladders
- Ability to work in awkward positions, in confined spaces (very small areas), in elevated areas (working from heights), performing work tasks from ladders, scaffolds, metal gratings or in fall protection situations as well as indoors, outdoors, and in hot environments
- Ability to work overtime on weekdays, weekends, nights, and holidays and work swing and night shifts
- Ability to travel to other locations in the PG&E service territory for up to one month at a time
- 3 years of experience as an electrician OR supervising electricians OR training electricians
- Experience as an electrician at a power plant, in a commercial or industrial environment, or from the military
- Demonstrated experience reading and following blueprints, drawing, and schematics
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend procedures, work orders, and other comprehensive technical documents
- Relevant PG&E experience
- Military experience
- DC-EM - ADVANCED RELAY MAINTENANCEME09Q401
- DC-EM - SPECIALTY RELAY MAINTENANCEME09Q501
- DC-EM - UPS/INVERTER MAINTENANCEME14Q202
- DC-ROD DRIVE MG CNTRLS TSTING/MAINTME12Q101
- DC-EM - 4KV & 12KV MOTOR MAINTENANCEME11Q305
- DC-EM - 4KV & 12KV MOTOR OVERHAULME11Q404
- DC-MAINTENANCE SUPERVISORMS or MSTRO QUAL
- DC-MST MENTOR QUALIFICATIONMSTMENTOR