DCPP (Nuc) Lead ISI / NDE Specialist (ESC) - Diablo Canyon Power Plant (Avila Beach, CA)
Requisition ID # 140581
Job Category: Nuclear Generation
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Generation
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Avila Beach; San Luis Obispo
Diablo Canyon Power Plant (DCPP) safely and reliably produces electricity that is environmentally responsible and cost effective for our customers and shareholders. DCPP's mission is to be the leading nuclear power plant in the country and to: Inspire and positively influence the industry through our safe, reliable, and excellent operational performance. Embrace new ideas to continuously improve our plant and our work environment. Proactively learn from ourselves and others. Enrich our communities and the environment, increasing the public's trust and confidence in nuclear power.
To obtain and maintain employment, you must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen, a security background check for unescorted access to a nuclear plant, psychological screen, and be subject to random drug and alcohol screening in fulfillment of federal requirements.
This is an ESC represented exempt classification currently subject to collective bargaining.
This category is for the ISI / NDE Specialist that has acquired extensive knowledge of concepts, principles and practices, and works independently with only general direction. This senior specialist is responsible for all aspects of maintaining, revising and implementing the ISI and NDE programs at DCPP including support to the Boric Acid program and Flow Accelerated Corrosion programs.
- Prepare written technical documents such as examination plans and schedules, inspection acceptance criteria, specifications, calculations and reports.
- Prepare ISI related regulatory submittals.
- Plan, schedule, and lead implementation of ISI and/or vendor-staffed inspection tasks and projects
- Perform shift lead duties including work assignments, briefings, liaison with other groups and plant management, etc.
- Ensure technical issues associated with mechanical equipment and systems are addressed appropriately.
- Interpret and apply applicable codes and regulations.
- Assist in evaluation of system problems for impact on plant operations, reliability, and safety
- Develop innovative solutions to solve challenging inspection issues
- Maintain required qualifications and system/component expertise. Gain new skills and qualifications in engineering and plant operations and maintenance
- Actively foster a safe working environment for self and for fellow employees. Look for and act to resolve any unsafe situations
- Present findings and conclusions to internal organizations, contractors, outside vendors, regulators and management
- Participate in self-assessments, benchmarking, audits and inspections
- Perform independent reviews of technical documents, calculations and procedures including Work order reviews in support of the ASME XI repair and replacement program. Evaluate industry guidelines and information with respect to programs and procedures
- Perform routine NDE tasks on daily basis in support of plant operations
- May be required to respond to plant support callout
- May participate in an assigned Emergency Response Organization position (may be part of an on-call duty team)
Possess a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited curriculum in the United States or an equivalent degree from outside the United States OR Current or previous NDE Level III certification in at least two testing methods as defined by the American Society for Non-Destructive Testing (ASNT) in lieu of degree.
- NDE Level III certified
- NDE Level II certified, if not level III.
- 8 years or more of NDE experience