DCPP (Nuc) Reactor Engineer, Senior
Requisition ID # 145015
Job Category: Engineering / Science; Nuclear Generation
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Generation
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Avila Beach; San Luis Obispo
Diablo Canyon Power Plant (DCPP) safely and reliably produces electricity that is environmentally responsible and cost effective for our customers and shareholders. DCPP's mission is to be the leading nuclear power plant in the country and to: Inspire and positively influence the industry through our safe, reliable, and excellent operational performance. Embrace new ideas to continuously improve our plant and our work environment. Proactively learn from ourselves and others. Enrich our communities and the environment, increasing the public's trust and confidence in nuclear power.
This category is for the engineer that has acquired extensive knowledge of concepts, principles and practices, and works independently with only general direction. This senior engineer provides technical direction to engineers and completes assignments that require integration with other departments and are of broad scope and complexity.
May be required to fill a rotation in the DCPP Emergency Response Organization (ERO) as necessary.
To obtain and maintain employment and unescorted access at DCPP, you must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen, a security background check, psychological screen, computer-based training, and be subject to random drug and alcohol screening.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, collective bargaining agreements, and internal equity. Although we estimate the successful candidate hired into this role will be placed towards the middle or entry point of the range, the decision will be made on a case-by-case basis related to these factors.
A reasonable salary range is:
California Minimum: $142,908
California Maximum: $183,600
- A four-year Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited curriculum in the United States or the equivalent as defined in ANSI/ANS-3.1-1993,
- Mastery of the Associate and Journey level Engineer job duties and demonstrated knowledge and ability to perform the basic duties of the Senior Engineer. Meets specific technical requirements gained through a minimum of eight years of cumulative experience in engineering and related
- B. S. Nuclear Engineering
- M. S. Nuclear Engineering
- Current and active California PE license, Nuclear or Mechanical Engineering.
- 8 years or more of nuclear engineering experience at a nuclear power plant or with a vendor or consultant
- Experience in reactor core design and nuclear calculations
- Experience conducting operating core flux maps and core monitoring surveillances
- Experience in managing spent fuel pool conditions and performing surveillances
- Experience in fuel receipt inspection
- Experience in fuel integrity monitoring and best practices
- Conduct reactor core surveillances and perform routine core monitoring
- Perform reactor core design and verification activities
- Perform nuclear related calculations and verifications
- Perform emergency response duties as part of a technical team
- Participate in fuel movements, core load and unload inspection activities
- Perform monitoring of spent fuel pool conditions
- Participates in industry panels and committees related to fuel integrity and other related topics.
- Performs procedure enhancements and revisions as required
- May perform functions of Associate and Journey level Engineers
- Applies extensive knowledge of concepts, principles and practices in reactor core principles and design to resolve complex problems.
- Works independently with only general direction.
- Provides technical direction to entry and journey employees.
- Completes assignments of broad scope and complexity with few precedents or standards.
- Provide support to other departments in technical and engineering areas.
- Acts as a mentor for journey or associate engineers.
- May lead troubleshooting of problem resolution teams.