DCPP (Nuc) Scheduler, Senior (ESC) - Diablo Canyon Power Plant (Avila Beach, CA)
Requisition ID # 140840
Job Category: Nuclear Generation
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Generation
Work Type: Onsite
Job Location: Avila Beach; San Luis Obispo
Diablo Canyon Power Plant (DCPP) safely and reliably produces electricity that is environmentally responsible and cost effective for our customers and shareholders. DCPP's mission is to be the leading nuclear power plant in the country and to: Inspire and positively influence the industry through our safe, reliable, and excellent operational performance. Embrace new ideas to continuously improve our plant and our work environment. Proactively learn from ourselves and others. Enrich our communities and the environment, increasing the public's trust and confidence in nuclear power.
This is an ESC Local 20 represented exempt classification currently subject to collective bargaining.
To obtain and maintain employment, you must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen, a security background check for unescorted access to a nuclear plant, psychological screen, and be subject to random drug and alcohol screening in fulfillment of federal requirements.
This position is the fully qualified, career-oriented, Senior Scheduler position that requires mastery of the journey level Scheduler job duties.
An employee who performs the duties of a Scheduler and may be required to perform such
additional duties as supporting developing training programs, performing training, directing, reviewing and/or approving the work of a journey level Scheduler, and assisting supervisors in coordinating and scheduling work assignments. It is recognized that such duties may also be performed by non-unit supervisors.
o Work in a multiple project environment.
o Assigned to lead update functions during refueling outage.
o Provide critical path analysis and clarification.
o Update and monitor Safety Schedule and performs Safety Analysis for outage schedules.
o Administers database access and control.
Superior scheduling knowledge and experience, specifically with Primavera Project Manager, CPM Scheduling, and project management.
8 years’ experience in scheduling, project management, project controls, operations, maintenance, maintenance planning, engineering and/or construction
- Project Management Certification (PMP)
- Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) experience
- Scheduling experience related to complex multifunction systems and work groups
- Nuclear refueling outage scheduling functional experience
- BS degree in Engineering, Technical Science, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience working at a commercial nuclear power plant including understanding of power plant mechanical system, interfaces and interactions
- Knowledge and experience with DCPP outage planning processes and procedures
- Experience with use of Primavera scheduling application
- Experience with use of SAP Work Management systems, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to create, update, and monitor outage, project, and on-line schedules
- Ability to update and manage data bases, data sets, reports and metrics
- Ability to prioritize work to ensure milestone and due date commitments are accomplished
- Ability to schedule and lead group meetings, influence others, and build agreement
- Strong technical and problem resolution skills with the ability to work independently
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Assist in the resolution of technical and work process issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills