DCPP Nuclear Operations Instructor - Licensed
Requisition ID # 137896
Job Category: Nuclear Generation
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Generation
Job Location: San Luis Obispo
Diablo Canyon Power Plant (DCPP) safely and reliably produces electricity that is environmentally responsible and cost effective for our customers and shareholders. DCPP's mission is to be the leading nuclear power plant in the country and to: Inspire and positively influence the industry through our safe, reliable, and excellent operational performance. Embrace new ideas to continuously improve our plant and our work environment. Proactively learn from ourselves and others. Enrich our communities and the environment, increasing the public's trust and confidence in nuclear power.
Responsible for the training employees in plant operation and field and/or control room watch-standing. Prepare employees for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) initial and requalification operator licensing examinations utilizing the systematic approach to training (SAT) process.
Will be required to support the DCPP Emergency Response Organization (ERO).
To obtain and maintain employment, you must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen, a security background check for unescorted access to a nuclear plant, psychological screen, and be subject to random drug and alcohol screening in fulfillment of federal requirements.
- Demonstrates full understanding of fundamental technical concepts.
- Completes assignments of moderate scope and complexity.
- Selects methods, approaches and tactics to resolve problems and obtain solutions.
- Receives little instruction on day-to-day work and general guidance on new assignments.
- Conducts training programs for licensed operators and shift technical advisers in reactor operations covering replacement, requalification, upgrade, etc. consistent with NRC requirements.
- Maintains operations training programs.
- Administers and coordinates training programs to ensure the availability of qualified licensed personnel.
- Assesses operator candidate knowledge of controls and integrated systems.
- Revises training materials to reflect changes in plant design, current plant practices and/or operating philosophies.
- Interfaces with line personnel to analyze performance needs and recommend appropriate training solutions.
- Presents information, using a variety of instructional techniques and formats such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos and lectures.
- Monitors, evaluates and records training activities and program effectiveness.
- Plans, organizes and directs orientation and training for employees.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Five years nuclear power experience including three years Licensed RO / SRO, or five years non-licensed operator experience, or five years nuclear Navy experience
- Fully qualified instructor at a Nuclear Power Plant
- Current or previous RO or SRO license / certification on a PWR or BWR
- Licensed / non-licensed experience at DCPP
- RO- Reactor Operator
- SRO – Senior Reactor Operator
- DCPP – Diablo Canyon Power Plant
- PWR – Pressurized Water Reactor
- BWR – Boiling Water Reactor