DCPP Nuclear Operations Instructor, Senior - Licensed
Requisition ID # 137897
Job Category: Nuclear Generation
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Generation
Job Location: San Luis Obispo
Diablo Canyon Power Plant (DCPP) safely and reliably produces electricity that is environmentally responsible and cost effective for our customers and shareholders. DCPP's mission is to be the leading nuclear power plant in the country and to: Inspire and positively influence the industry through our safe, reliable, and excellent operational performance. Embrace new ideas to continuously improve our plant and our work environment. Proactively learn from ourselves and others. Enrich our communities and the environment, increasing the public's trust and confidence in nuclear power.
Responsible for the training employees in plant operation and field and/or control room watch-standing. Prepare employees for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) initial and requalification operator licensing examinations utilizing the systematic approach to training (SAT) process.
Will be required to support the DCPP Emergency Response Organization (ERO).
To obtain and maintain employment, you must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen, a security background check for unescorted access to a nuclear plant, psychological screen, and be subject to random drug and alcohol screening in fulfillment of federal requirements.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top half of the range described below, but the decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
A reasonable salary range is:
California Minimum: $133,000
California Maximum: $226,000
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge in technical concepts.
- Solves moderate to complex problems and takes a new perspective on existing solutions.
- Works independently with limited guidance.
- Conducts training programs for licensed operators and shift technical advisers in reactor operations covering replacement, requalification, upgrade, etc. consistent with NRC requirements.
- Maintains operations training programs.
- Administers and coordinates training programs to ensure the availability of qualified licensed personnel.
- Assesses operator candidate knowledge of controls and integrated systems.
- Revises training materials to reflect changes in plant design, current plant practices and/or operating philosophies.
- Interfaces with line personnel to analyze performance needs and recommend appropriate training solutions.
- Presents information, using a variety of instructional techniques and formats such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos and lectures.
- Monitors, evaluates and records training activities and program effectiveness.
- Plans,organizes and directs orientation and training for employees.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current or previous RO or SRO license / certification on a PWR or BWR
- 8 years commercial nuclear power experience including 6 years Licensed RO / SRO OR 4 years Nuclear Operations Instructor – Licensed
- Note 1: Military reactor experience is credited as commercial nuclear power experience on a year-for-year basis for the following positions: Power Plant Watch Engineer, Engineering Watch Supervisor, Engineering Officer of the Watch, or Propulsion Plant Watch Supervisor.
- Fully qualified DCPP instructor including simulator instructor/evaluator
- Licensed / non-licensed operator experience at DCPP
- RO – Reactor Operator
- SRO – Senior Reactor Operator
- DCPP – Diablo Canyon Power Plant
- PWR – Pressurized Water Reactor
- BWR – Boiling Water Reactor