DCPP Senior Category Leader
Requisition ID # 100201
Job Category : Procurement / Supply Chain
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Supply Chain/Materials
The Sourcing organization is the functional lead for the procurement of materials and services at Pacific Gas and Electric Company. The department collaborates with internal clients and suppliers managing $10 billion of annual company spend to develop mutually beneficial total cost solutions for goods and services. The department provides the following services to internal clients: procurement of goods and services, strategic sourcing and cost savings, contract management, supplier relationship management, supplier diversity planning, execution and outreach, compliance management, ongoing procurement field support and management of the procure to pay cycle.
Diablo Canyon Power Plant (DCPP) safely and reliably produces electricity that is environmentally responsible and cost effective for our customers and shareholders.
The Category Leader job family develops and manages one or more sourcing spend categories, and manages all contracts associated with the category(ies). Incumbents develop strategic category plans to optimize cost savings, service excellence, diversity spend and total cost of ownership for the categories, effectively influence Lines of Business (LOB) including senior leadership to achieve understanding, acceptance, and commitment of sourcing strategies, work with LOBs to develop, source and negotiate major contracts and play a key role in the Supplier Relationship Management / Scorecard process. This position supports the project to decommission DCPP.
To obtain and maintain employment and unescorted access at DCPP, you must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen, a security background check, psychological screen, computer-based training, and be subject to random drug and alcohol screening.
- Manages top tier suppliers.
- Leads cross-functional team through strategic sourcing process and development/execution of negotiation strategies for low to medium complexity spend categories
- Maintains awareness of industry and market trends through ongoing research
- Leads the development of category strategies of low to medium complexity
- Conducts and documents market research and supplier risk analysis to verify the financial health of existing and potential suppliers
- Creates and maintains category plans.
- Develops and sustains mutually beneficial strategic relationships with suppliers.
- Develops and review performance data with suppliers. Works with suppliers to drive ongoing value discovery.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management job-related discipline, or equivalent job-related experience
- Four (4) years of experience in supply chain or job-related field
- Travel to off-site to meet with LOB leaders and/or vendors/suppliers using own transportation
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or job-related discipline
- Lean Six Sigma certification (LSS)
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP)
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) from Institute for Supply Management (ISM)
- Contract & Commercial Management Practitioner (CCMP) from International Association for Contract & Commercial Management (IACCM)