Director, Infrastructure and Operations - Flexible LocationI'm Interested Date posted 12/31/2020
Requisition ID # 76211
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Director/Chief
Business Unit: Information Technology
Job Location : Fresno; San Jose; San Luis Obispo
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
Facilitates PG&E's business vision by improving service quality, increasing capabilities through the development\deployment of infrastructure and core business productivity application functionality, implementing new technology, reducing costs, increasing productivity, and facilitating organizational and business effectiveness through enabling technologies. Provides leadership for those involved in the development, design, testing, implementation, maintenance, support, and operations of PG&E's systems infrastructure.
- Accountable for negotiating conflicts and ensuring identified issues are resolved.
- Accountable for the successful implementation of the most complex, larger scale, and cross-functional new/enhanced systems on time, in scope and within budget.
- Achieve results through others by setting and communicating goals and metrics, monitoring progress; providing ongoing coaching and feedback, and reinforcing behaviors that drive high performance.
- Acts as a liaison and conduit for information flow between the department team and the rest of the IT and business community, as well as with appropriate external stakeholders; manages the efficient and effective resolution of issues.
- Collaborates with other teams in the delivery and sharing of concepts to leverage across portfolios
- Communicates and champions the infrastructure requirements necessary to execute the IT portfolio
- Conducts analyses of asset deployment, use and acquisition, and dispose of nonperforming assets; evaluates and assess risks as part of the life cycle analysis of portfolio components.
- Continuous monitoring of emerging tools and technologies to assure the most appropriate technology is being proposed and deployed
- Develops and manage to a set of meaningful metrics to demonstrate the efficiency and effectiveness of the team on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Develops relationship across IT, with the goal of growing meaningful relationships that will facilitate collaborations and communications.
- Drives and contributes to the continuous improvement of Infrastructure components, monitoring and processes
- Ensures appropriate resources are assigned to each project/program.
- Ensures compliance to Standards/regulations and governance processes
- Ensures scope, goals, milestones, budget, risk, status, change requests and critical issues are effectively communicated to the business partners and IT project/program team.
- Ensures staff has the resources and skills needed to support all projects
- Ensures that the project/program outcome reflects the goals of the organization/business.
- Ensures timely and effective communication regarding the mapping of initiatives to business goals to business partners, including presenting information to IT and business leaders outlining portfolio specifics.
- Establish comprehensive service level agreements
- Establishes individual and organizational objectives that are aligned with company goals. Implements PG&E practices for staffing, EEO, diversity, performance management, development, reward and recognition, and retention.
- Help to translate the business capability needs and requirements of the PG&E business units into a comprehensive, integrated technology strategy and roadmap.
- Hold Manager and Supervisors accountable for developing and promoting a desire to provide a superior customer experience to each and every customer.
- Lead a competent, motivated, and qualified staff of employees, which includes performance management, developing, coaching and resolution of operational issues.
- Leads the effort in creative approaches to problem solving and quality deliverables supporting business needs
- Manages and accountable for the successful implementation of complex and highly visible, high impact new/enhanced systems on time, in scope and within budget
- Manages employees, contractors and vendors for the efficient delivery of services Highly collaborative, able to work cross- functionally; possessing the ability to forge relationships and partner effectively
- Manages the assessment and mitigation of risk. Analyzes, prioritizes and consolidates this risk and assesses its potential impact to the organization/business as well as on each project individually and within the program as a whole.
- Monitors program results against technical specifications.
- Proactively provides expert knowledge of industry trends and technologies as it relates to specific opportunities where technology can enhance value to the PG&E business unit and/or addresses a specific business need.
- Provides and manage operational support and maintenance for systems and applications; may provide 24x7 support
- Provides IT services that include planning, development, implementation and support for systems solutions required for the PG&E line of businesses
- Provides leadership and motivation to team members
- Provides performance feedback and guidance to staff
- Provides strategy, planning and leadership for all IT Infrastructure and Operations initiatives required for the business to achieve its objectives.
- Supports the annual technology planning process on behalf of I&O
- Typically has Managers and Senior Managers as direct reports
- Understands business requirements and provides technology vision and strategy for PG&E I&O organization
- Uses various tools and techniques for estimating costs associated with a project/program including physical, financial and human capital costs.
- Works with IT leadership and business partners to prioritize projects
PG&E expects its leaders to conduct themselves with the highest ethics and integrity and to embody specific leadership qualities.
- Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Operating effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear.
A Leader in the Community and Industry
- Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Demonstrates Safety Leadership
- A safety champion in words and deeds with respect to both employee and public safety.
- Maintaining an environment of open dialog and free of retaliation.
Influences and Inspires
- Using various- communications that convey a clear understanding of the needs of different audiences.
- Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related dynamics.
Optimizes Team Performance
- Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Creating a climate where people are developed and motivated to do their best to help the organization.
Values Diversity and Creates Inclusion
- Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Leads Ethically and in a Compliant Manner
- Sponsoring and sustaining a high integrity speak-up corporate culture which prioritizes ethics, safety and compliance.
- Building on necessary level of industry, company and subject-matter expertise, including laws and regulations.
Provides a High Level of Customer Service
- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience in IT-Information Technology, 3 years
- Experience as Project Manager, large projects
- Experience in IT-Information Technology business process, 8 years
- Masters Degree in job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Utility industry experience, regulated
- ITIL-Information Technology Infrastructure Library Manager certification
- ITIL-Information Technology Infrastructure Library Practitioner certification
- PMI-Project Management Institute PMP-Project Management Professional certification
- LSS-Lean Six Sigma Certification