Inspection Review Specialist, Expert - San Luis Obispo
Requisition ID # 115903
Job Category : Compliance / Risk / Quality Assurance
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Wildfire Risk
Job Location : San Luis Obispo
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
The Inspection Review Specialist (IRS) examines and reviews the findings and data from Desk or Field Inspectors regarding alignment to safety, maintenance and compliance guidelines. Incumbents identify trends in the findings of other personnel, prepare reports and recommendations, and make determinations regarding which maintenance work needs to be completed.
They act as liaison to field teams for additional information or to communicate emergency work. They develop and implement job aids for team and trainings. They ensure the team’s thorough understanding of guidance documents. They also support QAQC Ingestions & Analysis and Drone/Helicopter Field operations when necessary.
- Serves as the subject matter expert (SME), providing oversight and guidance on more complex notification field scenarios and working on ad-hoc or special requests for new or re-evaluation of existing LC or EC notifications.
- Reviews completed inspection forms, attached pictures, maps and other information submitted from inspectors in SAP, Trifacta, Sherlock, etc, to analyze and evaluate the inspector’s conclusions.
- Returns incomplete records to the appropriate field employee, desktop inspector or Supervisor for correction, and ensures all records and findings are maintained for potential future audits.
- Directs internal inspection quality audit efforts. Develops reports describing findings, observations, and trends; presents findings and makes recommendations to management.
- Develops job aids and guidance documents related to new or revised standards or work procedures, including providing training to Sr. Inspection Review Specialists and inspectors.
- Reviews, approves and releases staging notifications, corrective notifications and orders submitted by inspectors, based on the priority of work tasks.
- Assists in the review of notifications validated by new Specialists for accuracy and quality, trains and mentors new employees, and assists others using established processes, practices, and procedures, and acts as a lead for contractors or supplemental internal resources.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities, and leads the implementation of such projects, working with peers to develop and improve processes.
- Performs field and/or virtual desktop visits, as applicable, based on the EC/LC field condition and/or any issues with the information provided from the originating inspector.
- High School or General Educational Development – GED Diploma
- Journeyman Lineman experience
- At least 7 years job-related utility industry experience.
- 6 months experience as Senior Inspection Review Specialist, or job-related
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
- Experiences as Senior Inspection Review Specialist (AIR+), 12 months
- Experience in Engineering, 4 years
- Experience as electric Journeyman, 8 years
- Experience working with the AIR+ Team (Substation, Transmission, or Distribution).
- Familiarity with PG&E construction standards, bulletins, and guidance documents.
- Knowledge and understanding of GO 165, 95, 128 and construction standards, and the differences/similarities (compelling/regulatory conditions vs. GO 95 or 128)
- Knowledge and understanding of the EDPM/ETPM Manual and supporting job aids for GO 165 patrol and inspection.
- Good decision-making skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships with employees from various departments
- Proficient in SAP Work Management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Exchange, Excel, Word)
- Strong oral and written communication skills with various levels of internal contacts