Nuclear Clearance Coordinator
Requisition ID # 144814
Job Category: Nuclear Generation
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Generation
Work Type: Onsite
Job Location: San Luis Obispo
Diablo Canyon Power Plant (DCPP) safely and reliably produces electricity that is environmentally responsible and cost effective for our customers and shareholders. DCPP's mission is to be the leading nuclear power plant in the country and to: Inspire and positively influence the industry through our safe, reliable, and excellent operational performance. Embrace new ideas to continuously improve our plant and our work environment. Proactively learn from ourselves and others. Enrich our communities and the environment.
Prepares and reviews clearance tagouts (or safety tagouts). A clearance tagout is a warning indicator on basic to complex machinery and equipment that ensures the plant workers' safety and avoidance of severe injury or death due to unexpected start up of tagged equipment.
This position may be required to fill a rotation in the DCPP Emergency Response Organization (ERO) as necessary.
To obtain and maintain employment, you must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen, a security background check for unescorted access to a nuclear plant, psychological screen, weapons access verification, and be subject to random drug and alcohol screening in fulfillment of federal requirements.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top half of the range described below, but the decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
A reasonable salary range is:
California Minimum: $97,000
California Maximum: $144,000
- Attend meetings to support clearance tagout needs for design changes & Maintenance Outage Windows (MOW) for plant equipment.
- Prepare and review daily clearance tagouts of moderate scope and complexity to support the T-12 Work Week process and Plant Outages.
- Research plant drawings to verify appropriate clearance boundaries specified.
- Select methods, approaches and tactics to resolve problems and obtain solutions.
- Use Human Performance tools to ensure adequate clearance boundaries are provided for the work being performed.
- Work as a team member to successfully meet pre-outage milestones for clearance preparation.
- High School or GED-General Educational Development-GED Diploma
- Power plant experience, 2 years
- Must be able to obtain and maintain nuclear security clearance
- Reactor Operator license
- Engineering degree
- Electrical, Operations, or Maintenance experience