Nuclear Construction Programs Supervisor - DCPP
Requisition ID # 140360
Job Category: Nuclear Generation
Job Level: Supervisor
Business Unit: Generation
Work Type: Onsite
Job Location: San Luis Obispo
Diablo Canyon Power Plant (DCPP) safely and reliably produces electricity that is environmentally responsible and cost effective for our customers and shareholders. DCPP's mission is to be the leading nuclear power plant in the country and to: Inspire and positively influence the industry through our safe, reliable, and excellent operational performance. Embrace new ideas to continuously improve our plant and our work environment. Proactively learn from ourselves and others. Enrich our communities and the environment, increasing the public's trust and confidence in nuclear power.
Oversees the performance of routine maintenance and minor construction activities in the nuclear power plant's Facilities Maintenance Services, including Construction Support Services and Construction Management.
To obtain and maintain employment and unescorted access at DCPP, you must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen, a security background check, psychological screen, computer-based training, and be subject to random drug and alcohol screening.
- Supervises bargaining unit maintenance personnel during the performance of routine maintenance and construction activities in a nuclear power plant for daily activities and refueling outage work. Refueling outage work will include supervision of temporary additional staff.
- Act as the primary liaison between Maintenance, Projects and Engineering departments as well as the single point of contact for outage planning and preparation support. Improve existing motor procedures, work orders, and work processes.
- Oversees Snubber Replacement, Capital Door Replacement, Capital Valve Replacement, and site Concrete Program.
- Responsible for oversight and management of Maintenance Vendor Contracts including but not limited to: HVAC, Janitorial, Elevators, Fire Protection and other facilities contracts.
- Coordinates with other departments, such as Operations, Engineering, Radiation Protection, Learning Services, and Security to assure successful implementation of both daily and outage work activities.
- Performs administrative functions such as a review of work orders, work schedules, procedure revisions to assure timely and accurate completion. Review outage schedules in advance and prepare department for refueling outages.
- Communicate project statuses to next level of management.
- Observes and coaches staff regarding safety practices and expectations to assure a safe and error free work environment.
Construction Support Services
- Oversees maintenance, repairs, and miscellaneous service work required in the use, care, construction, and reconstruction of buildings and grounds, and the parts thereof.
- Provides guidance in mechanic diagnosis and routine adjustments and repairs to electrical and mechanical equipment including controls.
- Ensures the safe use of hand, portable power, and shop tools; and welding operations.
- Supervises Project Managers performing technical and engineering support on construction jobs/projects.
- Inspects and monitors work to assure compliance with applicable site procedures, management expectations, work orders, construction standards, drawings, specifications, regulations and plans.
- Reviews and modifies drawings, work orders and procedures to Engineering, Maintenance Planning and DCPP support departments as applicable.
- Coordinates work activities with Engineering, Scheduling and Maintenance Planning.
- Lays out construction plans and sets up schedules, provide cost estimating and budgeting information to Project Managers and others.
- High School or GED-General Educational Development-GED Diploma
- Job-related experience, 4 years
- Familiarity with non-destructive testing
- Understanding of electrical, pressure vessel, and piping codes
- Working knowledge of construction equipment, building materials, and construction standards.
- Knowledge of contract terms and ability to generate/validate adherence to project specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to manage vendor workforce and contract management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage project budgets using PG&E provided tools, including SAP.
- Demonstrated ability to direct project teams, including establishing and monitoring performance goals.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing and coaching direct reports, project team resources and/or external vendor resources.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent supervisory communication and organizational skills.
- Experience user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)