Nuclear Construction Programs Supervisor
Requisition ID # 140360
Job Category: Nuclear Generation
Job Level: Supervisor
Business Unit: Generation
Work Type: Onsite
Job Location: San Luis Obispo
The Maintenance Construction Services Department is responsible for the Project Management and Oversight (planning, implementation, and reporting) of various capital and expense improvements at Diablo Canyon Power Plant (DCPP).
Oversees the performance of routine maintenance and construction activities in the Maintenance Construction Department. Successful candidate will be responsible for oversight of vendor personnel in day-to-day operations to ensure safe and timely delivery of maintenance and modification activities.
Will be required to fill a rotation in the DCPP Emergency Response Organization (ERO) as necessary.
To obtain and maintain employment and unescorted access at DCPP, you must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen, a security background check, psychological screen, computer-based training, and be subject to random drug and alcohol screening.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top half of the range described below, but the decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
A reasonable salary range is:
California Minimum: $123,000
California Maximum: $197,000
- Observes and coaches direct reports and vendors regarding safety practices and expectations to ensure a safe and error-free work environment.
- Oversees contract staff to ensure they meet requirements regarding safety, technical quality, schedule and cost.
- Develops contractor specific site safety plans and monitors for adherence to company standards.
- Supervises and supports Project Managers on facility/plant projects.
- Ability to work with teammates to achieve common goals.
- Validates vendors performing work for PG&E are approved and registered with ISNetworld.
- Oversees the following DCPP Programs: Snubber Replacement, Capital Door Replacement, Capital Valve Replacement, and Concrete Repairs.
- Oversight and management of Maintenance Vendor Contracts including but not limited to: HVAC, Janitorial, Elevators, Fire Protection, Pest Control, Landscaping, and other miscellaneous contracts.
- Oversees maintenance, repairs, and miscellaneous service work required in the use, care, construction, and reconstruction of buildings and grounds, and the parts thereof.
- Assists Procurement with development of bid packages for facility improvements/repairs.
- Ability to conduct presentations and address technical questions.
- Coordinates with other departments, such as Operations, Engineering, Maintenance, Work Planning, Lands Group, and Security to assure successful implementation of both daily and outage work activities.
- Develops and updates schedules as required.
- Develops and manages departmental budget.
- Creates Purchase Order requests for Contract Development.
- Inspects and monitors work to assure compliance with applicable site procedures, management expectations, work orders, construction standards, drawings, specifications, regulations, and plans.
- Communicates detailed project statuses to next level of management.
- Coordinates equipment and material resources.
- High School or GED-General Educational Development-GED Diploma
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in construction, engineering, maintenance, and/or projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field and/or equivalent experience in construction
- Previous Residential/Commercial Contracting Experience including: HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Sprinklers, Sewer/water/fire-line installation, Drywall, Carpentry, Concrete, Asphalt, Traffic Control, Grading, Scaffolding, Painting, Roofing, Sheet Metal, Structural Steel, Insulation, Solar, Electrical and Asbestos/Lead abatement
- Knowledge of DCPP systems, structures, components and facilities
- Past experience working at a military, industrial, educational, or nuclear site
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal building codes
- Knowledge of contract terms and standards
- Knowledge of construction permitting and inspection processes
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and capabilities
- Familiarity with construction/building materials.
- Experience managing subcontractors and suppliers
- Experience working with customers/clients to achieve desired results in accordance with project budget
- Experience with “Value-Added” Construction
- Experience with forecasting, progress payments, and billings
- Experience with unit, time and material, and fixed price contracts
- Ability to develop an accurate estimate for contract development
- Familiarity with “Green” Building processes/methods
- Experience directing project teams, including establishing and monitoring performance goals
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience reading and interpreting architectural and engineering construction plans/drawings
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Experience with SAP/Primavera P6