Nuclear Maintenance Supervisor - DCPP
Requisition ID # 135042
Job Category: Nuclear Generation
Job Level: Supervisor
Business Unit: Generation
Job Location: San Luis Obispo
Diablo Canyon Power Plant (DCPP) safely and reliably produces electricity that is environmentally responsible and cost effective for our customers and shareholders. DCPP's mission is to be the leading nuclear power plant in the country and to: Inspire and positively influence the industry through our safe, reliable, and excellent operational performance. Embrace new ideas to continuously improve our plant and our work environment. Proactively learn from ourselves and others. Enrich our communities and the environment, increasing the public's trust and confidence in nuclear power.
Oversees preventative and corrective maintenance activities, calibration, troubleshooting, and upgrades for Instrument & Control, Mechanical, or Electrical disciplines.
To obtain and maintain employment and unescorted access at DCPP, you must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen, a security background check, psychological screen, computer-based training, and be subject to random drug and alcohol screening.
- Balances cost, productivity, customer satisfaction, and problem resolution. Sets expectations and holds individuals accountable.
- Ensures that equipment functions properly by implementing an effective maintenance program and resolving equipment problems in a timely manner and in accordance with plant procedures.
- Maximizes job efficiency by: removing barriers, sharing resources, ensuring necessary coordination, and providing effective turnover information.
- May be responsible for determination of instrumentation and control irregularities for equipment associated with the reactors, turbines, generators and other associated equipment
- Monitors work in the field for quality workmanship and ensure procedure and work order adherence.
- Performs post job critiques and promotes documentation of lessons learned and operating experience.
- Performs pre-job tailboards. Ensures that craft leaving tailboards have a thorough understanding of their responsibilities.
- Shares ownership of the training required within supervisor’s area of responsibility. Performs management observations and look for areas of improvement that would benefit group.
- Supervises a team of Bargaining Unit employees
- Works with department leadership to share the collective responsibilities for maintaining the department, housekeeping, problem solving, training, assisting peers.
- High School or GED-General Educational Development-GED Diploma
- Four years of industrial electrical, mechanical or I&C experience
- Bachelors Degree in job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Leadership experience, job-related, 1 year