Nuclear Operations Training Supervisor - DCPP
Requisition ID # 137895
Job Category: Nuclear Generation
Job Level: Supervisor
Business Unit: Generation
Job Location: San Luis Obispo
The purpose of Learning Services is to provide effective training processes that close plant performance gaps, contributes to safe and reliable plant operations, and achieve accreditation renewal by INPO for all Diablo Canyon training programs
Oversees the licensed operator training programs for Initial Licensed Operators (ILT).
Will be required to support the DCPP Emergency Response Organization (ERO).
To obtain and maintain employment and unescorted access at DCPP, you must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen, a security background check, psychological screen, computer-based training, and be subject to random drug and alcohol
- Direct supervision of up to 14 Nuclear Operations Instructors
- Ensures operations training meets and demonstrates compliance with Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO) accreditation.
- Ensures the implementation of operations training programs for licensed operators and shift technical advisers in reactor operations covering replacement, requalification, upgrade, etc. consistent with NRC requirements, meets and that the program is executed with quality, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and customer focus.
- Ensures the revisions of training materials reflect changes in plant design, current plant practices and operating philosophies.
- Evaluates and provides feedback of the development and maintenance of operations training programs including training materials prepared by instructors, such as outlines, text, and handouts.
- Evaluates, coaches, and mentors instructors on performance and job expectations
- Facilitates the administration and coordination of operations training programs.
- Has budgetary and productivity responsibility for work group.
- Initiates talent acquisition and termination, performance evaluations and management, and discipline decisions.
- Is held accountable for meeting day-to-day work group objectives.
- Works with operations line management in deploying training resources to best meet their needs.
- High School or GED-General Educational Development-GED Diploma
- Requires a minimum of four years of nuclear power plant operations experience
- A maximum of two years of power plant experience may be fulfilled by academic or related technical training on a one-for-one time basis; two years shall be nuclear power plant operations experience
- Job-related experience, 3 years
- Leadership experience, 3 years
- Nuclear power plant experience
- Reactor Operator license
- Senior Reactor Operator license