Compliance Inspector (IBEW) Lineman Line of Progression - Various Locations!
Requisition ID # 72121
Job Category : Compliance
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : San Rafael; Geyserville; Hayward; Livermore; Santa Cruz
The men and women of Electric Distribution ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Distribution is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
All Compliance Inspector classifications and the associated line of progression are represented by IBEW Local 1245.
This position is a DOT (Department of Transportation) covered classification and is subject to random drug and/or alcohol screening.
We offer Sign-On Bonus AND Relocation Packages for eligible candidates!!
We are hiring qualified Compliance Inspectors to work throughout our service territory in Distribution Operations. Open positions are predominantly in California’s Central Coast, Bay Area, and Northern Region territories, however additional locations and classifications could become available at any time based on changing business needs.
Compliance Inspectors conduct visual inspections of electric poles and enclosures by driving and or walking the electric distribution system to identify hazards that impact safety, company liability and / or asset life, pursuant to General Order 165. Various diagnostic tests are performed during detail inspections such and infrared imaging, pole shell testing and conductor height measurements. The individual will perform, repair work on poles and substructures as required.
- Receives and reviews work assignments and routes; plans routes, checks directions and locations; obtains vehicle safety inspection.
- Drives company vehicle on designated inspections route and /or to offsite training. Fuels vehicle at designated fueling stations as needed.
- Inspects the condition of overhead and underground distribution facilities which includes manholes and vaults which require ladder climbing and an environment with tight spaces.
- Walks, climbs, bend, kneel, crawls or squats to access structures and equipment.
- Lifts metal cabinet doors.
- Unlocks / re-locks gates, doors, enclosures and manholes, as needed.
- Uses hand and power tools to open access panels, lift manhole covers, remove or secure damaged equipment; remove broken parts or debris; make minor repairs to gain access.
- Uses metal detectors to locate buried facilities; infrared sensor to determine status of underground connections.
- Communicates in person, by phone and by radio with supervisors/public officials, customers and other departments regarding findings, identified problems, proposed solutions, and estimated time frames and to gain access, as needed.
- Perform detailed paper work, documenting work performed, to record site locations, findings, identified problems, proposed solutions, and estimated time frames.
- Keep records for equipment repairs and replacements.
- Uses log sheets to write up maintenance tags and describe findings in field for entry into database.
- Attends daily / regularly schedule tailboard meetings or communicates with supervisor to learn safety guidelines / potential hazards in compliance with Utility standard.
- Utilize hand held computers and Global positioning systems (GPS).
- Use digital cameras to document field conditions.
- Perform journey level line work and minor repairs that can be safely performed without help (e. g. remove low pole steps, repair broken ground moldings, repair high voltage signs and other PG&E identifiers on underground enclosures, remove / repair bolts on lids and locking devices on pad mounted equipment).
- Work as part of a construction crew, as needed.
- Performs annual overhead and underground detailed line and equipment inspections
- Performs annual overhead and underground line and equipment patrols
- Performs line maintenance repairs as required
- Produces auditable overhead and underground line patrol and inspection records
- Produces electric preventive corrective maintenance documents
- Produces auditable overhead and underground detailed line inspection records.
- Completion of a federal or state sanctioned line worker apprenticeship with approved supporting documentation (e.g. IBEW Journeyman Lineman A Ticket) and/or union or union-affiliated sponsored line worker apprenticeship
- CA Class C License, or equivalent
- Must have passed a California DMV medical exam by first day of employment
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Ability to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ability to lift and carry up to 100 pounds
- Ability to work and drive in all types of weather and road conditions
- Capable to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- CA CDL Class A Permit, or equivalent, based on operational need
- Effective team player with strong communication skills
PG&E Employees: You must have qualified on all prerequisite tests prior to submitting an application; and all secondary tests prior to interviewing. For more information on prerequisite and secondary exams, including study guides, please visit the Pre-employment testing program website.
- Journeyman Lineman Knowledge Assessment (v.4) (JLKA)
- Journeyman Assessment for Line-Worker Progression (JALP)
- Post-Offer Phys Assessment Lineworkers (POPA)
Compliance Inspector (72121) #cmpins