Electrician- New Business Liaison (Various Locations)
Requisition ID # 59323
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers.
Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
This classification is represented by the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) local 1245, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at PG&E. This job is subject to collective bargaining.
The position will perform direct oversight of construction of Applicant - Installed facilities. Inspecting Applicant-Installed facilities, including complex projects, large commercial, industrial, and major residential projects, and distribution line extensions. Work may be
outdoors and in varying weather conditions. The individual must be able to drive safely, work extended hours; travel/transfer to new headquarter upon request at any time, and wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment. The Electrician – GC is a General Construction position and individuals must be able to travel and transfer to a new headquarters upon request at any time; throughout the entire PG&E service territory with no guarantees as to how long you will be away from home.
Available positions are planned for the following locations: Cupertino, San Jose, Fresno, Merced, Manteca, Stockton, Richmond, San Francisco, San Carlos, Livermore, Hayward, Oakland, Concord, Santa Cruz, Bakersfield, Napa, San Rafael, Eureka, Woodland, Santa Rosa, San Luis Obispo, Santa Maria, Marysville and Monterey. These locations may be subject to change due to business needs, but available locations will be in the PG&E service territory.
- Performs inspection of Applicant installed joint trench facilities, including but not limited to installation of underground electric cable, transformers, switches, and splicing
- Inspects applicant installed facilities, including complex projects, large commercial, industrial and major residential projects and distribution line
- Ensures compliance with job drawings and specifications and complies with PG&E standards over the entire PG&E service territory
- Maintains public and employee safety on site at all times by promoting a positive safety culture, exhibiting an absolute commitment to safety for self and others, and by ensuring all applicable safety rules, regulations and standards are followed
- May participate in Applicant Installer Contractor safety and pre-construction tailboard meetings to ensure compliance with Company standards
- Ensures that equipment and personnel stay on the Right of Way
- Reviews documents for completeness and communicates compliance requirements of project
- Once qualified shall perform standby at Applicant work sites to ensure that all procedures for splicing and installation of equipment are followed as noted in all applicable standards.
- Sets electric single phase 120/240 meters and returns all completed paperwork
- Maintains all required Quality Assurance/Quality Control and as-built documentation on site as per Company Standards.
- Communicates scheduling and scope changes with Company management and Contractors as required.
- Collaborates with the Applicant Installer to promote teamwork and resolve obstacles to the completion of the project, and to minimize rework
- Acts as a liaison between the customer/contractor and all other PG&E workgroups that may be involved in the successful completion of the construction project
- Experience as Electrician, Journeyman, for internal applicants; Record of Electrician or IBEW/Joint sanctioned Apprentice Program training completion, for external applicants
- Knowledge of electric transmission and distribution systems concepts, methods, best practices, techniques, and regulatory requirements as needed to perform at the job level
- Knowledge of gas transmission and distribution systems concepts, methods, best practices, techniques, and regulatory requirements as needed to perform at the job level
- Ability to conduct research as needed to perform at the job level
- 3-5 years Journey level experience in commercial or industrial electrical construction
- PG&E construction or utility experience
- Electrical Substation or Power Generation experience
- High voltage experience
- Experience working with testing equipment and troubleshooting
PG&E Employees: You must have qualified on all prerequisite tests prior to submitting an application; and all secondary tests prior to interviewing. For more information on prerequisite and secondary exams, including study guides, please visit the Pre-employment testing program website.
- Physical Test Battery
- Work Orientation Inventory-Physical/Technical Driving
- Physical Assessment