Associate Project Engineer (ESC), Electrical Substation - San Ramon
Requisition ID # 109220
Job Category : Engineering / Science
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
The Electric Operations team ensures the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
This position is represented by Engineers & Scientists of California (ESC), subject to collective bargaining.
This is an entry-level Project Engineer job that works under the general technical direction of more experienced engineers. This job is responsible for providing technical engineering support for routine projects, including, but not limited to: providing technical data; applying engineering principles to investigate, analyze, and propose solutions to technical issues; assisting project managers, construction personnel, and other business partners to assess project needs, develop and document project scope, develop cost estimates, identify material procurement needs, oversee or conduct engineering design review, review engineering documents, and provide guidance to design group. The responsibility level of this position increases with experience.
Initial assignments from the tasks below will require direction and supervision. With experience, the independence and responsibility will expand and the need for supervision will decrease.
- Assists with or conducts project walkdowns and works with project team, including both internal and external clients, to establish scope of work, schedule, and cost commitments. Gathers technical information from field data and project team.
- Prepares cost estimates.
- Investigates resources required to complete engineering and project-related tasks
- Establishes engineering schedule.
- Prepares project forecast for engineering, tracks progress, updates as needed, and provides periodic updates.
- Provides guidance to design and contractor team members, and reviews design and technical documents. Coordinating with other lines of business, ensures designs and technical documents meet appropriate criteria, quality, and job scope.
- Approves revisions to existing drawings for routine projects.
- Procures long-lead time material for assigned projects.
- Under direction, reviews and approves project material procurement list, vendor drawings, equipment specification updates, and engineering material requests.
- Participates in periodic design review meetings.
- Coordinates project activities with other disciplines for routine projects.
- Under direction, provides construction support and evaluates and makes recommendations to resolve field construction problems.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited curriculum in the US or the equivalent from outside the US
- 1 years of experience in engineering and design