Business Analyst, Senior
Requisition ID # 89127
Job Category : Business Operations / Strategy
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Enterprise Risk Management
Job Location : San Ramon
Business Analysts are responsible for research, data analysis, budgeting, forecasting and reporting in support of business decision making, business strategy and business operations. May also be involved in business process improvement, quality control and special projects and other initiatives.
This position will support our “data response” team, who receives/tracks/and provides responses for SI as a whole. This position does not directly impact the work plan, but does directly relate to our ability to respond to data responses from the Federal Monitor, Filsigner, the CPUC, and others, in a quality, timely manner
- Performs analysis on highly complex data models that have cross functional impact.
- Applies advanced knowledge to wide ranging issues. ·
- Develops innovative data solutions to address complex business issues. Presents findings and proposed recommendations to leaders. ·
- Develop business cases in support of strategy or change initiatives. ·
- Works with and leverages relationships with Directors and Managers across functions / PG&E. ·
- Managers cross-functional projects or initiatives.
- BS in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
- 4 years of related work experience
- Extensive knowledge of different analytical methods, approaches and tactics
- Broad expertise in what-if modeling analysis, concepts, methods and techniques and analysis of how different factors affect business outcomes
- Creative problem solving skills to develop solutions
- Strong analytical and writing skills to create compelling business cases based on complex business environments and inputs
- Influence skills to effectively gain buy in from leaders inside and outside of the department Knowledge and understanding of key drivers affecting business results
- Project management skills to lead large and complex projects working with cross-functional teams · Organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Adaptable to changing business conditions and ambiguity
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Project, Visio or similar software