Business AnalystI'm Interested Date posted 01/09/2021
Requisition ID # 76828
Job Category : Business Operations / Strategy
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Job Location : San Ramon
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. As a whole, Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E's gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response.
The Integrity Management organization's vision is to:
Improve pipeline safety and system reliability with a goal of zero safety incidents.
Promote a safety culture throughout all levels of the organization with an emphasis on improving learning from the past and anticipating the future.
Apply integrity management principles on a system-wide basis while engaging our stakeholders, from local communities we operate in to our regulators, so they can understand and participate in reducing our risk.
Support the design, construction, operation and maintenance of the transmission and distribution pipeline systems through the proactive use of asset knowledge, threat identification, knowledge of threat interaction, data integration and analytical tools to increase operational efficiency, improve system integrity and minimize safety risk to employees and the communities we operate in.
The Gas Transmission Integrity Management organization is responsible for evaluating the risk and threats to the integrity of the gas transmission system then developing and implementing a strategic integrity management plan for the entirety of the gas transmission pipeline assets.
Business Analysts are responsible for research, data analysis, budgeting, forecasting and reporting in support of business decision making, business strategy and business operations. May also be involved in business process improvement, quality control and special projects and other initiatives.
Responsibilities typically include many or all of the following:
- Data Analysis: Compiles and analyzes data. May develop and/or maintain data models for what-if analysis and for other business purposes.
- Metrics and Reporting: Develops and tracks business metrics. Develops and maintains standard, custom and ad-hoc reports.
- Budgeting & Forecasting: Develops or works with budgets and forecasts.
- Research: Researches best practices; develops internal and external benchmarks in support of business decisions.
- Quality Assurance & Business Process Improvement: May perform quality assurance and business process improvement activities in support of the business. Activities may include developing, managing or coordinating performance or quality assessment, business process re-engineering, change management, communication and training.
- Project Management: Lead projects, determining scope, budget, timeframes, forming teams, assigning tasks, managing resources and issues.
- Bachelor of Science in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
- 2 years of related work experience
- Knowledge of different analytical methods, approaches and tactics
- Full understanding of fundamental analysis and what-if modeling and how different factors affect business outcomes
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Adaptable to changing business conditions and ambiguity
- Presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Project, Visio or similar software
- Performs analysis on moderately complex data models selecting from various reports and data options.
- Determines data needs, collects data, selects from different analytical techniques to achieve desired data outcomes.
- Understands business needs, develops new reports and performs custom/ad-hoc reporting working independently. Presents findings to various audiences.
- Performs basic research internally and externally.
- Communicates with peers inside and outside the department exchanging ideas or gathering information.
- Participates on project teams.