Business System Specialist, SeniorI'm Interested Date posted 09/15/2020
Requisition ID # 64501
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Job Location : San Ramon
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. As a whole, Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E's gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response.
The Senior Business System Specialist of Business System Design and Support (BSDS) team works within the Technology Strategy Planning organization in Gas Operations. The incumbent works with a cross functional group of stakeholders within Gas Operations and IT to deploy improvements to the technology in use by the Gas Operations team. The incumbent will report directly to the supervisor of the Business System Design Support team. Each team member ensures that systems, especially ProjectWise and all CAD software, continue to be in alignment with existing business processes by working closely with the Information Technology Department and the enterprise. The team provides responsive service to Gas Operations by ensuring that the technology in use supports effective and efficient processes for the field employees and business users across Gas Ops. The incumbent will have a solid understanding of Gas Operations core work processes and needs to have extensive experience with AutoCAD and some knowledge of Bentley products. The incumbent will need to be willing to work in all aspects of the BSDS team. This includes day-to-day support, CAD configurations, and be able to work as one cohesive unit within the team.
- Be proficient in AutoCAD to help support user requests. Also be willing to learn some basics in Microstation
- Familiar with ProjectWise and its functionality.
- Handle moderate user issues that arise with supported systems and tools, escalating the more complex problems to team.
- Work with team to analyze and document business processes and information needs.
- Discuss requirements and deliverables with peer team members.
- Provide timely and professional responses to IT or user inquiries. Escalate as appropriate.
- Lead and engage teams that develop requirements for business needs solutions.
- Lead and participate in User Acceptance Tests (UAT) and perform quality reviews of test results
- Work with LEAN Coach on project development.
- May perform various additional activities, such as supporting project team in, scope presentations, business requirements change requests sessions, etc.
- Mentored and guided by more experienced Business System Specialists, Analysts and/or Manager
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team
- Provide timely and professional communications and be willing to present to large groups.
- Lead and engage in discussions using a collaborative, focused approach that builds trust and consensus across the team
- Support leadership and team to be successful with technology implementation of enhancements or resolutions to Gas Operations
- Sustain and maintain existing work management systems and supported applications
- Bestow a genuine interest in teamwork and growth
- Support and analyze end-to-end business processes in one or more business functional area in Gas Operations
- Identify, propose and influence solutions to business problems
- Actively contribute to teams that define, review and approve requirements for the business needs solution
- Contribute to overall Gas Operations performance by driving efficiencies through technology and any supported applications
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science/ Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- 4 years of job-related experience in Business, IT or Engineering fields.
- Participation in projects of medium to high complexity.
- Continuous education in IT and business specific areas.
- Proficient PC skills including a proficiency in various software (i.e. AutoCAD, ProjectWise, MS Office)
- Graduate Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of job-related experience in Business Analysis, which may include or be in addition to 5+ years of experience in Information Technology.
- Working experience within Gas Operations (i.e. Maintenance & Construction, Corrosion, Leak Survey/Repair) Experience in change management process.
- Experience in technology or system deployments for utility operations
- Extensive participation in projects of high complexity.
- Experience in a leadership role in projects of medium complexity
- Detail oriented, analytical, good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with different teams across disciplines and levels
- Understands general business processes of department(s) supported