Business System Specialist, Senior
Requisition ID # 79250
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
The Business System Specialist (BSS) functions as a liaison between all groups that interact with VM Technology from the line of business, representing the end users and business process owners in business system requirements, implementations and support. The incumbent understands user needs as well as business procedures, processes and systems for the corresponding department. The incumbent typically defines user system requirements, provides user support, coordinates user acceptance testing of new tools and consults with the users on new technologies & features that may contribute to business process efficiencies. The incumbent may also perform feasibility analysis, develop project scope, and provide recommendations on alternative solutions, project strategy and deliverable prioritization. The incumbent prepares and delivers business users’ system needs to Information Technology and represents user needs in the development of functional specifications.
Provide consulting in business and user needs.
Handle moderate to complex user issues that arise with supported systems and tools. Address most calls independently; escalate the more complex problems to senior peers.
Analyze end-to-end, moderate to high complexity business processes in one or more business functional areas.
Understand the current and future business environment of the organization and effectively anticipate, identify and meet the business needs.
Identify, propose and influence solutions to moderate-to-complex business problems.
Anticipate concerns and questions, and provide timely and professional communications.
Actively contribute to teams that define, review and approve requirements for the business needs solution.
Contribute to business case development.
May write manuals, Requests for Change, procedures.
Participate in UATs and perform quality reviews of test results.
Participate in project estimates.
BA/BS in Business, Engineering, Computer Science/Information Systems, etc. or equivalent work experience.
4 years of job related experience in Business, IT or Engineering fields.
Participation in projects of medium to high complexity.
Advanced degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of job related experience in Business Analysis, which may include or be in addition to 5+ years of experience in Information Technology.
- Strong Geographic Information Systems (GIS) background.
- Experience with SQL, Python, and Oracle.
- Power BI or similar reporting technology experience.
- Working experience with the corresponding Line of Business.
- Extensive participation in projects of high complexity.
- Leadership role in projects of medium complexity.
- Very knowledgeable about the business requirements process.
- Detail oriented, analytical, good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of the utility business and several functional areas of the related Line of Business.
- Ability to work with different teams across disciplines and levels.
- Good analytical decision-making skills.