Business System Specialist
Requisition ID # 79249
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
The Business System Specialist (BSS) functions as a liaison between all groups that interact with VM Technology from the line of business, representing the end users and business process owners in business system requirements, implementations and support. The incumbent understands user needs as well as business procedures, processes and systems for the corresponding department. The incumbent typically defines user system requirements, provides user support, coordinates user acceptance testing of new tools and consults with the users on new technologies & features that may contribute to business process efficiencies. The incumbent may also perform feasibility analysis, develop project scope, and provide recommendations on alternative solutions, project strategy and deliverable prioritization. The incumbent prepares and delivers business users’ system needs to Information Technology and represents user needs in the development of functional specifications.
Handle moderately complex user issues that arise with supported systems and tools. Address most calls independently, escalates the more complex problems to senior peers.
Analyze and document moderate complexity business processes and information needs.
Coordinate requirements and deliverables with IT/Lead BSS.
Provide timely and professional responses to IT or user inquiries. Escalate as appropriate.
Participate on teams that develop requirements for the business needs solution.
Contribute to business case development.
Participate in UATs and perform quality reviews of test results.
May perform various additional activities, such as user based application testing, scope presentations, user support, etc.
May be mentored by a Senior BSS.
Analyze and propose solutions with some supervision.
BA/BS in Business, Engineering, Computer Science/Information Systems, etc. or equivalent work experience.
2 years of experience in similar or related job functions (Business, IT or Engineering fields) that could be substituted by an advanced degree.
- 3+ years of experience in similar or related job functions (Business or Information Technology) that could be substituted by an advanced degree.
- Experience with ESRI products
- SQL, and Oracle database experience
- Power BI or similar reporting technology experience
- Participation in projects of high complexity
- Knowledgeable about the business requirements process.
- Detail oriented, analytical, good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with different teams across disciplines and levels.
- Understands general business processes of department(s) supported.