Category Leader, Bay AreaApply Date posted 07/31/2020
Requisition ID # 61068
Job Category : Procurement / Supply Chain
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Supply Chain/Materials
Job Location : San Ramon
The Sourcing organization is the functional lead for the procurement of materials and services at Pacific Gas and Electric Company. The department collaborates with internal clients and suppliers managing $10 billion of annual company spend to develop mutually beneficial total cost solutions for goods and services. The department provides the following services to internal clients: procurement of goods and services, strategic sourcing and cost savings, supplier relationship management, supplier diversity planning, execution and outreach, compliance management and ongoing procurement field support and management of the procure to pay cycle.
Preferred work location is San Ramon, but San Francisco and Concord may be considered. Final work location will be determined between the hiring leader and successful candidate.
You will develop and manage one or more sourcing spend categories and manage all contracts associated with the category(ies). You will develop strategic category plans to optimize cost savings, service excellence, diversity spend, and total cost of ownership for the categories; effectively influence Lines of Business (LOB) including senior leadership to achieve understanding, acceptance, and commitment of sourcing strategies; and work with LOBs to develop, source and negotiate major contracts and play a key role in the Supplier Relationship Management/Scorecard process.
- Conduct and document market research and supplier risk analysis to verify the financial health of existing and potential suppliers.
- Assess, record and track procurement requests during the course of the sourcing process.
- Support lines-of-business in decisions regarding types and levels of insurance required for 3rd party vendors.
- Ensure all procurement requests, purchase orders and contract documents comply with all sourcing processes and procedures.
- Review new contracts assigned through contract review process, coordinating with stakeholder departments.
- Support development of less complex category plans.
- Create and maintain category plans.
- Act as a liaison between various departments and cross functional teams.
- 2 years of experience in supply chain or job-related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or job-related discipline, or equivalent job-related experience
- 4 years of work experience in procurement, sourcing and/or contract management
- Possess MBA or equivalent advanced degree
- Lean Six Sigma certification (LSS)
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP)
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) from Institute for Supply Management (ISM)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Competency in building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Competency in building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Knowledge of the technical/functional aspects of the trade, occupation, or role as needed to perform at the job level
- Ability to analyze and combine information from different sources and use logic to reach appropriate conclusions as needed to perform at the job level
- Ability to apply contract processes and procedures and relevant contracts and licensing - for example ESC, IBEW, tort, contract law - as needed to perform at the job level
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight