Construction ManagerI'm Interested Date posted 09/15/2020
Requisition ID # 62289
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Job Location : San Ramon
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. As a whole, Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E's gas transmission and distribution (T&D) operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance, construction, restoration and emergency response. The Construction Management Team is responsible for all Gas T&D construction safety, quality and contractor performance.
The Construction Manager is responsible for construction and improvement projects in the gas transmission and distribution systems. The Construction Manager identifies contract worthy projects, consults on project feasibility and project site details, coordinates with contractors, construction crews, oversees project inspectors, and on a project specific basis performs construction and spoils oversight. The incumbent may also prepare job packages and construction estimates, conduct job walks, and meet with bidders, contractors, and governing agencies. The Construction Manager ensures projects are completed per company standards, engineering design, regulatory guidelines, permits and schedule.
- Applies full knowledge to complete construction management assignments of moderate scope and complexity.
- Works on 2-3 projects by working closely with Project Managers, GC Supervisors and M&C Supervisors to understand construction targets with contract potential.
- May review contractor proposals to complete the selection process and provide them to the Project Manager for financial confirmation.
- Participates in job scope walk downs and IFC review meetings w/ PG&E Engineers, Project Managers and M&C personnel.
- Under supervision, compiles internal drawings and relevant data for the RFP and contract processes. Interprets design and writes work specific scope documentation.
- Under supervision, addresses communication with contractors and conducts meetings at the job site allowing contractors to review the design and ask questions. Attends jobscope walk downs and 30/60/90 design reviews by Engineering to provide constructability input.
- Utilizes workload management database tool and updates assigned projects.
- Ensures contractors follow their approved site-specific safety plans. Enforces project environmental/land permit conditions and all safety regulations.
- Performs as Incident Commander and Lead PG&E Representative in the field.
- Assists in the pre-construction project cycle, accompany team on project walks and offer constructability reports when tasked. Coordinates both construction project kick off meetings, PG&E procured material deliveries, meet with governing agencies/municipalities to manage and enlist compliance with permitting regulations. Ensures accurate documentation of contractor billing, manages change orders and closes out of project field records.
- Leads weekly construction and progress meetings and publishes meeting notes with field records on a project basis. Maintains a positive relationship with construction superintendents and project managers updating them as part of the project construction team.
- Provides accurate documentation of billing, time payments, closing jobs, inspection records and change orders.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience in the field of Industrial engineering or Construction
- Travel approximately 50% with occasional overnight stays
- 5 years working experience in the field of Industrial Engineering or Construction.
- Knowledge of carbon steel and alloy piping materials, welding processes, procedures and standards used on Gas Transmission pipelines, compressor and power generating stations.
- Working Knowledge of Primavera P3/P5/P6 scheduling software, and Primavera UNIFIER or similar software.
- Demonstrated abilities in cost accounting, contract administration, and project scheduling.
- Demonstrated abilities in project inspection and quality control.
- Demonstrated knowledge in Gas Transmission/Distribution/Conveyance Pipeline Construction; with knowledge of compressor station or similar complex facility construction.