Database Analyst, Senior
Requisition ID # 102562
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
This position is with the Database Solutions and Deployment team. The Oracle DBA will be part of the project team responsible for solutioning and building out databases. This position requires occasional weekend and after-hours support, and the DBA must carry a cell phone.
- Install, upgrade, patch, backup, and recover assigned Oracle databases as specified by project requirements.
- Setup monitoring and ensure databases adhere to build standards.
- Refresh or migrate data.
- Create database objects.
- Enforce company change control, patch management, and information security standards and procedures.
- Collaborate and consult with DBA teammates on project tasks.
- Provide off-hour and weekend support as needed for the projects.
- Demonstrate consistent and independent ability to manage projects and the workload.
- Manage work according to criteria of costs, scheduling, and functional and technical performance.
- Maintain open and honest communications with clients, teammates and management for purposes of providing ongoing, timely status reporting.
- Communicate status, issues and concerns in both written and oral formats.
- Provide proper documentation for knowledge sharing and transition.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience in database technology, job-related, 5 years
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good workload and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain reliability of the database systems.
- Ability to adhere to company policies and compliance standards.
- Experience with Oracle 11G, 12C, 18C, and 19C databases.
- Proficient with OEM, RMAN, ASM, RAC, Golden Gate, OUD, Data Guard Broker, and Data Guard Observer.
- Experience with multi-terabyte databases and/or database warehouses.
- Experience with RAC, ASM and SQL performance tuning.
- Experience with relational database design.
- Experience with of Database and Grid Infrastructure binaries cloning.
- Experience with DDBoost.
- Experience with Perl, Unix, Linux shell scripting.