Design Engineer (ESC) - Civil T-Line -San RamonI'm Interested Date posted 07/11/2020
Requisition ID # 53083
Job Category : Engineering / Science
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : San Ramon
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
The Civil Engineering and Design team of Transmission Operations is responsible for civil engineering work for PG&E’s transmission poles and towers. Civil design includes structure and foundation analysis and design, as well as reviewing and developing civil drawings.
This position is represented by Engineers and Scientist of California (ESC) subject to collective bargaining.
Under supervision and with latitude for independent action or decision, performs engineering work on a professional level in design of engineering jobs, projects, or parts thereof. This is an entry-level position where you will work alongside licensed professional engineers and acquire broad experience for career growth.
- Actively promote safe practices and conduct in accordance with the Corporate Safety policy.
- Prepares designs, calculations, drawings, layouts and/or studies from field inspections, preliminary sketches, rough diagrams, specifications, and/or instructions requiring knowledge of engineering practices and shop and field procedures.
- Participate in field reviews and discuss project objectives with other stakeholders in engineering, construction, operations and maintenance.
- Checks drawings, designs, and others’ work.
- Prepare construction drawings using MicroStation and PLS CADD software. You will use a variety of design tools, including but not limited to MicroStation for drawing development, SAP2000, PLS TOWER, PLS POLE, and L-PILE for structural analysis and design.
- Foster teamwork & innovation and embrace new approaches to accomplish our work more efficiently and effectively.
- Travel 10% of the time.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or its equivalent in education and experience to include education and design drafting experience totaling six years, or education and experience totaling four years including two years at PG&E as a Design Drafter or Senior Design Drafter
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class C California Driver's License (or higher) by Day 1 of hire
- 1 to 2 years of experience in structural engineering
- Demonstrate working knowledge of material and equipment including commonly used national specifications and standards, building, or other appropriate codes and fundamental engineering principles and techniques
- M.S. degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- EIT or PE License
- Experience with PLS TOWER, PLS POLE, L-PILE, and SAP2000 or similar structural analysis software
- Proficiency with MS Office products including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to work in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Strong communication, organizational and leadership skills