Director, Gas Transmission Portfolio Management
Requisition ID # 90540
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Director/Chief
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Gas Transmission Portfolio Management is responsible for overseeing the program and project management of the Gas Operations portfolio of large transmission project work. This includes pipe replacement, valve replacement, In-Line-Inspection upgrade, strength test, station, corrosion mitigation projects, and instrumentation and controls project work. The group collaborates across the organization to ensure gas transmission projects are delivered safely and on time, in scope, and within budget in accordance with the commitments made to the regulatory agencies and our customers. The group is also responsible for developing effective and efficient solutions to work requests, including scope definition and identifying opportunities to bundle and unbundle work.
Responsible for the strategic planning, readiness, and oversight of gas transmission projects. Provides oversight for the execution of approximately $1.5 billion in annual gas transmission infrastructure investments. Ensures safe and successful portfolio execution by engaging cross-functionally with stakeholders including Asset Family Owners, Engineering, Resource Management, Sourcing, Construction, and Shared Services partners. Leads a large team of management, ESC, and contract employees.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Gas Transmission & Distribution Portfolio Management.
PG&E expects its leaders to conduct themselves with the highest ethics and integrity and to embody specific leadership qualities.
- Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Operating effectively, even when things are uncertain, or the way forward is not clear.
- Ability to lead teams through significant change while delivering on commitments.
A Leader in the Community and Industry
- Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Demonstrates Safety Leadership
- A safety champion in words and deeds with respect to both employee and public safety.
- Maintaining an environment of open dialog and free of retaliation.
Influences and Inspires
- Using various- communications that convey a clear understanding of the needs of different audiences.
- Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related dynamics.
Optimizes Team Performance
- Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Creating a climate where people are developed and motivated to do their best to help the organization.
Values Diversity and Creates Inclusion
- Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Leads Ethically and in a Compliant Manner
- Sponsoring and sustaining a high integrity speak-up corporate culture which prioritizes ethics, safety and compliance.
- Building on necessary level of industry, company and subject-matter expertise, including laws and regulations.
Provides a High Level of Customer Service
- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.