Distribution Inspection Operations, Senior Manager (San Ramon)I'm Interested Date posted 01/14/2021
Requisition ID # 74884
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Senior Manager
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : San Ramon
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E’s electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
Leads teams to ensure compliance with the California Public Utility Commission (CPUC) General Order (GO) 165. Ensures the electric distribution operations system facilities are following General Orders 95 and 128 through an efficient, compliant execution of GO165 inspections and patrols.
- Manages capital and expense spending to ensure work identified in the program plan is completed and productivity cost targets are achieved.
- Provides guidance on the development of tools and processes that help the departments efficiently and effectively manage their compliance requirements.
- Presents findings and makes recommendations to high level leaders.
- Develops department long-term direction, operating plans, budgets and performance metrics.
- Develops, oversees, and implements policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards to support business operating plans and goals.
- Represents the company in contacts with other utilities, various industry boards, committees, regulatory agencies, governmental bodies, and other private organizations.
- Performs field quality reviews (inspections) of employee's work.
- Ensures effective work & resource planning and scheduling for the service territory, and ensures resources align with budget.
- Manages staff to accomplish results through effective recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management and coaching, and rewards and recognition.
- Reviews current work practices for operational efficiencies and deficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Ten (10) years of experience in electric utility
- Five (5) years of Leadership experience
- Two (2) years of experience interfacing with regulatory agencies
- CA Class C License, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Safety Administration or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Job-related experience
- Experience in managing budgets