Electric Compliance Specialist, Expert - Location Flexibl
Requisition ID # 98766
Job Category : Compliance / Risk / Quality Assurance; Engineering / Science; Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : San Ramon
The System Protection Compliance team is a central point of support to System Protection, System Automation, & Substation Test for asset management and compliance, driving best practices and consistency.
The System Protection compliance group works on asset management, compliance and maintenance processes and procedures. This includes maintaining asset data, test records, risk assessment, analysis, compliance reporting, and program metrics. Develops and implements PG&E's internal compliance framework for various standards. Collaborates with Subject Matter Experts and Standards Owners to develop process and controls to ensure the department is accountable for compliance with regulated activities, and comply with reliability standards and requirements.
Travel is approximately 25-50% with occasional overnight stays.
- High School or General Educational Development-GED Diploma
- 8 years of compliance-related experience
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state, and local regulations and laws -for example FERC, NERC, CAISO.
- Competency in consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Ability to analyze data from several sources and identify, articulate, and present the business impact.
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate standards, policies, and guidelines.
- Competency in knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products - for example Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access - as needed to perform at the job level.
- Skill in facilitating discussions and meetings as needed to perform at the job level.
- Competency in making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Knowledge of database structure and ability to support design enhancements
- Knowledge of NERC CIP and PRC standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Desired experience as in a Substation Electric Utility Environment with 8 or more years of experience in calibrating, installing, and in-service testing of relay systems.
- Qualified Electrical Worker, Electrical Technician certification, HFACS associate certificate, PMP, Lean Six Sigma, EIT and P.E.
- Advanced knowledge of System Protection processes and procedures, work activities, and roles and relationship between, System Protection, Test, and Compliance groups.
- CISSP-Certified Information Systems Security Professional certification
- PMI-Project Management Institute PMP-Project Management Professional certification
- NERC-North American Electric Reliability Corporation System Operator certification
The Electric Compliance Specialist duties include:
- Evidence collection from various system monitoring and asset inventory systems
- Analyzing and processing evidence to verify compliance
- Posting compliance evidence and results of evidence analysis
- Updating ECAP, ECTS and other reporting tools with the latest status based on results of evidence review
- Responds to vulnerability assessments, review and close out of assigned items
- Completion of scheduled review of ECTS evidence and provide signoff to further reviewers and approvers
- Validation of asset and system inventory as new equipment or systems are added
- Review upcoming regulatory standards and advise for upcoming requirements
- Participates in reviewing and updating processes and procedures related to compliance
- Identifies control gaps in processes or projects.
- Provides guidance on the development of tools and processes that help the department efficiently and effectively manage compliance requirements.
- Utilizes multiple internal record repository tool(s) to store, track, update and enhance as needed.