Electric Distribution Asset Strategy Intern
Requisition ID # 90023
Job Category : Administrative / Clerical
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
The Electric Distribution Asset Strategy and Program Development team is PG&E’s asset strategy hub for the Electric Distribution system. The Asset Strategy team evaluates existing asset inventory and works closely with Distribution Operation and Electric Distribution Standards to establish the programs to support a cost effective and reliable asset utilization of distribution equipment and assets, creating risk-based solutions and prioritization as needed.
The Intern will be responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of high-level strategies and programs required to maintain or improve the electrical distribution assets for PG&E. These would include:
- Developing models to select highest risk circuits for replacement, patrols & inspections, and maintnenance
- Researching outage information for accuracy for use in circuit selection models
- Mastering review of ESRI and GIS systems to troubleshoot problems and make mapping corrections
- Assist in researching overloaded transformers
- Gathering and assisting with the collection of metrics to drive asset strategy decisions
- Working with the Standards and Strategy teams to develop communication plans and presentations to implement new processes and technologies
The successful intern will have the opportunity to lead and/or support activities as described above working with a team of experienced Asset Strategy Engineers. Additionally, the intern will gain knowledge of the larger Electric Operations organization through the work they will be performing.
- Earning a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related engineering field (students MUST be continuing education towards degree during and/or after internship)
- Must have a valid driver’s license or obtain one at least 30 days prior to start date.
- EIT or FE certification
- 3.0 GPA or greater in both cumulative GPA and major GPA
- Engineering experience in utilities, municipalities, construction, or engineering consultation
- Ability to work in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Takes initiative and can work independently with minimal direction
PG&E typically is unable to provide VISA sponsorship to students on an F-1, J-1 or other student visa for this position. Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.