Engineering Assistant I
Requisition ID # 145124
Job Category: Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Engineering
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: San Ramon
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. As a whole, Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E's gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response.
This position is represented by Engineers and Scientists of California (ESC) and is subject to collective bargaining.
Under supervision, performs technical work in connection with the design, construction, maintenance or operation of the Company’s plant or functions related thereto as an assistant to an engineer or a group of engineers.
The Engineering Assistant will perform in a variety of roles to ensure data accuracy relating to the safe operation of PG&E’s natural gas pipelines.
Typical assignments include chart making; preparing graphs; obtaining and analyzing engineering data; preparing and reviewing computer input and output; providing support to other departments within Gas Operations that utilize documents found in the system of record; and assisting in administrative work associated with the technical office activities.
PG&E is providing the hourly rate range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual hourly rate paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, collective bargaining agreements, and internal equity. This position is subject to collectively bargained hourly wage rates.
The hourly rate for this position ranges from $36.81 to $52.75. Under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement, the starting monthly rate for this position is $36.81, subject to collectively bargained wage increases.
• Manage GSM Records email box which include drawings, title tags, foreign prints and miscellaneous requests
• Process drawing check out/in of PDF, DGN & Tiff requests utilizing document management tools
• Issue drawing numbers following design drafting standards for new requests
• Record all work performed in a detailed manner
• Utilize software resources to optimize productivity and ensure work quality
• Understand and execute detailed processes based on guidelines
• Perform QC techniques as needed
• Perform scanning as needed
• Ensure Safety is a priority for self, team, and the public. Meet all safety requirements
• Reports on availability of documents in system of record
• Support special projects for other groups within PG&E as necessary
• Contribute toward Gas Safety Excellence goals by improving safety, reliability and affordability for one or more asset families and one or more life cycles
• Associates Degree in Engineering or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
• Gas Operations experience
• Experience with as-built process/records
• A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Windows Explorer
• Ability to quickly adapt to new tasks and procedures
• Understanding of natural gas operations, maintenance, engineering, design, or construction activities
• Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and attention to detail
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Gas Transmission document experience
• Software experience in the following: Gas Transmission GIS, ECTS (Enterprise Client Tracking Software), Adobe Acrobat Pro, SAP, Documentum, and PSRS experience
• Project Wise, D2 & Docutrak experience