Engineering Estimator - Gas (ESC) San Ramon
Requisition ID # 86022
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
The Gas Estimating Engineering Department is responsible for providing new (or modification of existing) gas service and distribution main system design for both residential and commercial gas customers in all areas. Gas estimating also designs large maintenance projects and provides engineering and design support to gas construction personnel, both Division and General Construction, during day-to-day operations.
This position is represented by Engineers and Scientists of California (ESC) and subject to collective bargaining.
This position requires a 24-month lock-in period for new hires into estimating positions from outside ESC, per LOA 16-23 ESC
- Utilize organizational skills to manage project workload from inception through construction completion.
- Prepare cost estimates and design drawings for construction additions or improvements to the electric distribution grid in such a nature that the plans and methods embody existing standards, specifications, rules, and regulations.
- Estimate labor and material costs.
- Perform calculations including, but not limited to, pole loading, voltage drop/flicker and cable pulling.
- Initiate right-of-way procedures, licenses, permits, etc. and perform other work as required to prepare the estimate in final form.
- Perform customer to agency contact, project coordination.
- Possess high school diploma or GED equivalent and must obtain an Autodesk Certified User (ACU) certificate within the first 12 months of hire, or a two-year technical degree in Drafting, or a mutually agreed-upon alternate qualification. Preferred qualification: Bachelor of Science Degree (BS). per LOA 19-13-ESC
- Must have a valid Class C California Driver's License or ability to obtain by first day of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, civil or related engineering field or any combination of training, education, and work experience
- 2 years of experience with AutoCAD (2009 or later version)
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience with web-based software (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, etc)
- 1 year of experience using SAP
- 1 year of utility operations knowledge and experience
PG&E Employees: You must have qualified on all prerequisite tests prior to submitting an application; and all secondary tests prior to interviewing. For more information on prerequisite and secondary exams, including study guides, please visit the Pre-employment testing program website.
- Physical Test Battery
- EEI Technical Test Battery
- Work Orientation Inventory-Physical/Technical Driving
* Note: Employees applying via URA do not need to meet requirement if held the same or higher classification in the line of progression.