Expert, Business System Specialist (Flexible location)
Requisition ID # 145356
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Operations - Other
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: San Ramon; Alameda; Alta; Angels Camp; Antioch; Auberry; Auburn; Avenal; Avila Beach; Bakersfield; Balch Camp; Bear Valley; Belden; Bellota; Belmont; Benicia; Berkeley; Brentwood; Brisbane; Buellton; Burney; Buttonwillow; Calistoga; Campbell; Canyon Dam; Canyondam; Capitola; Caruthers; Chico; Clearlake; Clovis; Coalinga; Colusa; Concord; Concord; Corcoran; Cottonwood; Cupertino; Daly City; Danville; Davis; Dinuba; Downieville; Dublin; Emeryville; Eureka; Fairfield; Folsom; Fort Bragg; Fortuna; Fremont; French Camp; Fresno; Fresno; Fulton; Garberville; Geyserville; Gilroy; Goodyear; Grass Valley; Guerneville; Half Moon Bay; Hayward; Hinkley; Hollister; Holt; Houston; Huron; Jackson; Kerman; King City; Lakeport; Lemoore; Lincoln; Linden; Livermore; Lodi; Loomis; Los Banos; Lower Lake; Madera; Magalia; Manteca; Manton; Mariposa; Martell; Marysville; Maxwell; Menlo Park; Merced; Meridian; Millbrae; Milpitas; Modesto; Monterey; Montgomery Creek; Morgan Hill; Morro Bay; Moss Landing; Mountain View; Napa; Needles; Newark; Newman; Novato; Oakdale; Oakhurst; Oakland; Oakley; Olema; Orinda; Orland; Oroville; Palo Alto; Palo Cedro; Paradise; Parkwood; Paso Robles; Petaluma; Pioneer; Pismo Beach; Pittsburg; Placerville; Pleasant Hill; Point Arena; Potter Valley; Quincy; Rancho Cordova; Red Bluff; Redding; Richmond; Ridgecrest; Rio Vista; Rocklin; Roseville; Round Mountain; Sacramento; Salinas; San Bruno; San Carlos; San Francisco; San Francisco; San Jose; San Luis Obispo; San Mateo; San Rafael; Sanger; Santa Cruz; Santa Maria; Santa Nella; Santa Rosa; Selma; Shaver Lake; Sonoma; Sonora; South San Francisco; Springville; Stockton; Storrie; Taft; Tracy; Turlock; Twain; Ukiah; Vacaville; Vallejo; Walnut Creek; Wasco; Washington; Watsonville; West Sacramento; Wheatland; Whitmore; Willits; Willow Creek; Willows; Windsor; Winters; Woodland; Yuba City
The Business System Specialist (BSS) functions as a liaison to Information Technology from the line of business, representing the end users and business process owners in business system requirements, implementations and support. The incumbent understands user needs as well as business procedures, processes and systems for the corresponding department. The incumbent typically defines user system requirements, provides user support, coordinates user acceptance testing of new tools and consults with the users on new technologies & features that may contribute to business process efficiencies. The incumbent may also perform feasibility analysis, develop project scope, and provide recommendations on alternative solutions, project strategy and deliverable prioritization. The incumbent prepares and delivers business users’ system needs to Information Technology and represents user needs in the development of functional specifications.
This position offers a flexible work location within the PG&E service territory.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, collective bargaining agreements, and internal equity.
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area Minimum: $118,000
Bay Area Maximum: $188,000
California Minimum: $112,000
California Maximum: $179,000
This job is also eligible to participate in PG&E’s discretionary incentive compensation programs.
- Provide expert consulting in business and user needs.
- Analyze and document business requirements for complex projects.
- Analyze end-to-end complex business processes and coordinate with IT to develop and implement solutions to information needs.
- Understand in detail current and future business environment; effectively anticipate, identify, and fully meet the business needs.
- Identify, propose and influence solutions to complex business problems.
- Anticipate concerns and questions, and provide proactive, timely and professional communications or delegate as appropriate.
- Act as a key contributor to teams that define, review and approve requirements for the business needs solution.
- Participate in UATs and perform quality reviews of test results.
- May assist with training, change management and communications associated with system implementations.
- Contribute to business case development
- Participate in project estimates.
- May write manuals, Requests for Change, procedures
- Typically provides mentorship and guidance to less experienced employees.
- BA/BS in Business, Engineering, Computer Science/Information Systems, etc. or equivalent work experience.
- 7 years of job related experience in Business, IT or Engineering fields.
- Participation in projects of high complexity at an expert level or in a leadership role.
- Continuous education in IT and business specific areas.
- Advanced degree is a plus.
- 8+ years of job related experience in Business Analysis, which may include or be in addition to 6+ years of experience in Information Technology.
- Expert-level knowledge and working experience with multiple corresponding Line of Business-related functional areas.
- Extensive participation in projects of high complexity or simultaneous participation in multiple projects of medium to high complexity in a leading role.
- Expert knowledge of the business requirements process.
- Detail oriented, analytical, good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of the utility business.
- Ability to work with different teams across disciplines and levels and promote good working environment
- Demonstrates advanced understanding of the impact(s) of technical changes to the collective business processes across functional units.
- Good mentoring skills.
- Broad understanding of all relevant business processes of department(s) supported.