Expert, Electric Quality Control Specialist (Flexible Location)I'm Interested Date posted 10/17/2020
Requisition ID # 57003
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : Alameda; Alta; Angels Camp; Antioch; Auberry; Auburn; Avenal; Avila Beach; Bakersfield; Balch Camp; Bear Valley; Belden; Bellota; Belmont; Benicia; Berkeley; Brentwood; Brisbane; Buellton; Burney; Buttonwillow; Calistoga; Campbell; Canyon Dam; Capitola; Caruthers; Chico; Clearlake; Clovis; Coalinga; Colusa; Concord; Concord; Corcoran; Cottonwood; Cupertino; Daly City; Danville; Davis; Dinuba; Downieville; Dublin; Emeryville; Eureka; Fairfield; Folsom; Fort Bragg; Fortuna; Fremont; French Camp; Fresno; Fresno; Fulton; Garberville; Geyserville; Gilroy; Goodyear; Grass Valley; Guerneville; Half Moon Bay; Hayward; Hinkley; Hollister; Holt; Houston; Huron; Jackson; Kerman; King City; Lakeport; Lemoore; Lincoln; Linden; Livermore; Lodi; Loomis; Los Banos; Lower Lake; Madera; Magalia; Manteca; Manton; Mariposa; Martell; Marysville; Maxwell; Menlo Park; Merced; Meridian; Millbrae; Milpitas; Modesto; Monterey; Montgomery Creek; Morgan Hill; Morro Bay; Moss Landing; Mountain View; Napa; Needles; Newark; Newman; Non-PG&E Non-US Off Shore Work Location; Non-PG&E US Work Location; Novato; Oakdale; Oakhurst; Oakland; Oakley; Olema; Orinda; Orland; Oroville; Palo Alto; Paradise; Parkwood; Paso Robles; Petaluma; Pioneer; Pismo Beach; Pittsburg; Placerville; Pleasant Hill; Point Arena; Potter Valley; Quincy; Rancho Cordova; Red Bluff; Redding; Richmond; Ridgecrest; Rio Vista; Rocklin; Roseville; Round Mountain; Sacramento; Salinas; San Bruno; San Carlos; San Francisco; San Francisco; San Jose; San Luis Obispo; San Mateo; San Rafael; San Ramon; San Ramon; Sanger; Santa Cruz; Santa Maria; Santa Nella; Santa Rosa; Selma; Shaver Lake; Sonoma; Sonora; South San Francisco; Springville; Stockton; Storrie; Taft; Tracy; Turlock; Twain; Ukiah; Vacaville; Vallejo; Walnut Creek; Wasco; Washington; Washington D.C.; Watsonville; West Sacramento; Wheatland; Whitmore; Willits; Willow Creek; Willows; Winters; Woodland; Yuba City
The SI Inspection Quality Control Specialist conducts a Desktop review of completed field Inspection records and corresponding corrective notifications for completeness and accuracy per the respective preventative maintenance guidance documents that support the GO165 Patrol & Inspection Program. The QC Specialist is working in an office environment, on a laptop, using PG&E programs and tools to review data and photos.
The QC Specialist is responsible for ensuring that field Inspector is accurately identifying and documenting all “abnormal” field conditions with appropriate FDA and Priority assignment and capturing quality images to document evidence at each structure being inspected. QC Specialist will also validate Centralized Gatekeeping work quality for corrective notifications processed.
This position offers a flexible work location within PG&E's service territory.
- Works independently, utilizing advanced knowledge of electric utility regulatory general orders to complete deep reviews and analysis of the construction work, uncovers complex findings and root causes and prepare comprehensive recommendations for leadership.
- Partners with leaders on identifying root causes, trends, process improvements and in implementing solutions.
- Provides assistance and coaching to lower level peers, including on the job training for new Senior Specialists. May handle questions regarding more complex verification situations. Acts as a technical resource for System Inspection leaders.
- Validates quality of completed work by Compliance Inspectors and Centralized Gatekeepers using advanced knowledge of construction standards and general orders. Is the go-to lead and subject-matter-expert.
- Participates in post inspection review meetings. Summarizes and presents complex findings to leader. Conveys findings and recommendations seeking buy in on recommendations. Develops new methods for communicating issues, concerns and best practices.
- Performs additional audit, quality control and/or validation activities to support compliance with GO 165, 95 and 128 or to support other regulatory audit requirements.
- Responsible for resolving gaps between external requirements and internal standards.
- Establish new processes for emergent Quality Control requests.
- Some college or technical trade school.
- High School or GED Diploma
- Qualified Electrical Worker (QEW).
- Record of Electric Utiity Apprentice Program training completion
- Minimum of 7 years of Experience in the field performing maintenance, construction and or restoration at the journey level.
- Ability to review pictures of field scenarios and recognize if there is a safety, regulatory or compelling condition that needs to be addressed within Compliance Program timeframe, per guidelines as outlined in PG&E’s Electric Distribution/Transmission Preventive Maintenance Manual and associated Inspector job aids.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with various levels of internal contacts.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Previous PG&E experience as a Compliance Inspector, Journey Lineman, Field Engineer Technician, M&C Coordinator, Quality Auditor.
- Experience in compliance inspection, distribution maintenance & construction, quality assurance or quality control auditing.
- Experience in conducting root cause investigations
- Familiar with PG&E standards and safety procedures
- Familiarity with PG&E construction standards, bulletins, and guidance documents.
- Based on field experience, understanding of construction standards vs. GO 165 requirements (compelling/regulatory conditions vs. GO 95 or 128).
- Experience in the Compliance Organization working as a Compliance Inspector.
- Knowledge of the EDPM Manual/ETPM and associated OH/UG job aids.
- Experience working on a laptop.
- Experience working with SAP application(s)
- Experience with Microsoft Suite (Office, Word, Excel, etc)