Expert Gas Operations Compliance Specialist-Flexible LocationApply Date posted 08/01/2020
Requisition ID # 61963
Job Category : Compliance / Risk / Quality Assurance
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Job Location : San Ramon
The Compliance department oversees compliance with regulatory requirements, provides field support to provide guidance on expectations for CPUC audits, manages pre-audit data requests from the CPUC, compliance projects, and various data reporting.
1. Manages the relationship with the Gas LOBs to ensure best possible inspection outcomes by providing leadership, coordination, guidance and follow-through for regulatory compliance audits and regulatory commitments
2. Manages the data delivery process, which provides accurate and consistent information to external data requests
3. Coordinates closely with the Gas Operations field personnel to familiarize them with the CPUC audit
process and expectations
4. Works closely with field organizations to ensure adherence to compliance requirements
5. Providing expertise and support to field operations for code requirements as well as PG&E standards and procedure requirements
6. Promoting system wide solutions to compliance gaps.
- Provide analytical and technical expertise to support data requests, regulatory responses and field guidance.
- Supports internal stakeholders across the organization to ensure traceable, verifiable and complete regulatory records.
- Supports regulatory directives to establish and maintain productive relationships with external stakeholders such as the CPUC, CalGEM, and Customers.
- Contributes toward Gas Safety Excellence goals by improving safety, reliability and affordability through successful inspection preparation, records verification and positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborates with PG&E’s Legal department, Regulatory Relations, and other lines of business (LOB) to develop recommendations and/or resolutions to avert and/or lessen legal impacts.
- Supports and leads the inspection data and reporting requirements to various LOBs.
Successful candidate must be willing to travel more than 25%. Position can be based anywhere in PG&E Service Territory.
• Manages SED inspection data and leads review of field records prior to inspections
• Conducts non-standard research and analysis for information requests determining the best sources, approaches, or analytical methods to meet the request/need.
• Participate in and/or lead development, implementation and management of data analysis.
• Support implementation of process improvements and liaises within the line of business to manage process improvements.
• Identifies individual data anomalies and develops remedies and resolutions to ensure accurate, complete, and timely analysis reporting.
• Develops and presents alternatives and strategies for responding to requests from various internal/external sources for information (including interpretation, clarification, background, analysis,and recommendations).
• Clearly articulates recommendations and findings in both written and oral communications internally and to functional management for issue resolution.
• Monitors and documents inspection data specifications, analysis results, and recommendations.
• Collaborates with leadership and project/team leaders to coordinate the status of plans and workflow for future projects to ensure compliance.
•*SED on-call support on rotating basis
• Bachelor’s (BA/BS) degree or equivalent experience
• Seven (7) years of related experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
• Must have Analytical knowledge for data preparation and review
• Experience with regulatory and customer service issues related to gas operations
• Experience in research, writing, and analyzing information
• Gas field industry experience
• Knowledge in CFR 192, Federal and State requirements
• Experience in CPUC or other Agency inspection data preparation and support
• Experience in Microsoft Excel
• Willing to travel more than 25%
• Experience in SAP
Hiring Manager: Susie Richmond