Expert Gas Program Manager- Flexible Location
Requisition ID # 91686
Job Category : Project / Program Management
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. Overall, Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E's gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response. The Integrity Management organization’s mission and vision are:
- Reach zero safety, compliance and environmental incidents while ensuring we meet PG&E's obligation to serve our customers.
- Promote a safety culture throughout all levels of the organization with an emphasis on improving learning from the past and anticipating the future.
- Apply integrity management principles on a system-wide basis while engaging our stakeholders, from local communities we operate into our regulators, so they can understand and participate in reducing our risk.
- Support the design, construction, operation and maintenance of the transmission and distribution pipeline systems through the proactive use of asset knowledge, threat identification, threat interaction, data integration and analytical tools to increase operational efficiency, improve system integrity and minimize safety risk to employees and the communities we operate in.
Manages and/or administers one or more programs within our Gas Measurement and Gas Quality team. Provides oversight, governance, communication, training, reporting as well as having oversight for the overall process and project management for the assigned program(s). Manages the program budget, which may include developing and presenting the budget proposal.
Preference for the incumbent to be based in San Ramon, CA but could be flexibility elsewhere in the PG&E Service Territory (hiring leader will consider other locations on a case by case basis).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 7 years’ total related experience
- SAP experience
- Project or program management experience
- Experience managing capital or expense budgets
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Team leadership and collaboration skills.
- Basic negotiation skills and ability to influence
- Knowledge of project management, process improvement best practices, concepts, methods and techniques
- In depth knowledge of gas utility processes, regulatory requirements, critical success factors, goals and initiatives.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication & presentation skills and ability to influence
- Analytical problem solving and decision-making ability
- Experience in Gas utility maintenance and construction.
- 5 years engineering experience.
- General financial management & budgeting skills and business acumen.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Applies expert knowledge of Program Management to Gas Measurement and Gas Quality programs, issues and assignments. Works independently with guidance on only the most complex issues. May lead project teams.
- May design and develop new programs under the umbrella of Gas Measurement and Gas Quality goals and initiatives.
- Manages programs that are cross departmental, complex and have a significant impact on the line of business. Leads development of plans to achieve program goals.
- Provides standardized regular reports, along with custom, ad-hoc reports for review at the program level. May supports divisions with reporting for operational metrics to provide intelligence on performance trends. Develops and delivers presentation to leaders regarding the program progress toward goals.
- Plans and forecasts work to be completed as part of the program. Monitors and ensures closure/completion of projects and/or other program maintenance & construction work orders. Identifies issues and develops solutions. Presents recommendations and implementation plan to leadership for approval.
- Performs trend analysis to identify cost drivers and develop and execute mitigation plans to improve business results. Manages capital and expense spending to ensure work identified in the program plan is completed and productivity cost targets are achieved. Reviews cost monitoring systems to ensure that adequate controls are in place to uncover andcorrect erroneous charges.
- Negotiates and sets productivity and unit cost targets. Prepares accurate forecasts, monitors spending, and develops and presents variance explanations. Develops business case for budget and/or additional funding during the year. Works closely with peers and leaders in line of business to ensure financial targets are understood and achieved.
- Leads partner organizations to develop and implement improved processes, best practices, controls and procedures to improve efficiencies, compliance and customer satisfaction and reduce cost.
- May work with other project or program managers or peers in other departments or regions to reschedule work, re-allocate funds and explore other means to achieve financial and productivity goals.
- Represents the program as a subject matter expert and stakeholder on process improvement teams, regulatory filings, and various stakeholder groups. May support the GRC witness with testimony development and data request response support.
- May develop new policies and all relevant processes, infrastructure, documentation, tools, etc. to support a new program. Develops tools for tracking and control.
- Develops communication and training plans. Ensures target audience is fully educated in the purpose of the program and the proper processes and requirements to follow. Ensures compliance with the program.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with the program.
- Provide leadership or work direction to lower level peers.
- May lead work teams or groups, no official direct reports.