Gas Technical SpecialistI'm Interested Date posted 10/16/2020
Requisition ID # 69661
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Job Location : San Ramon
PG&E's gas distribution system is the second largest in the country, extending approximately 42,000 miles. In addition, PG&E manages 6,700 miles of gas transmission pipeline with over 100 customers, operates 9 compressor stations, and has 3 operating gas storage facilities.
The Distribution Integrity Management organization's vision is to:
- Improve pipeline safety and system reliability with a goal of zero safety incidents.
- Promote a safety culture throughout all levels of the organization with an emphasis on improving learning from the past and anticipating the future.
- Apply integrity management principles on a system-wide basis while engaging our stakeholders from local communities we operate in to our regulators so they can understand and participate in reducing our risk.
- Support the design, construction, operation and maintenance of the transmission and distribution pipeline systems through the proactive use of asset knowledge, threat identification and analytical tools to increase operational efficiency, improve system integrity and minimize safety risk to employees and the communities we operate in.
The Distribution Integrity Management organization is responsible for assessing the integrity of the distribution system and developing a strategic integrity management plan for the entirety of the distribution assets (pipelines, services, meters, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree / equivalent or relevant experience
- 3 years of experience with GIS applications
- 1 year of experience in ArcGIS 9.x or later
- Demonstrated expertise in GIS Systems ESRI's ArcGIS 10.1 or later
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and Access
- Familiarity with PG&E Gas Distribution GIS data
- Distribution Integrity Management experience
- Utility experience
- 1 year in a Gas or Pipeline Utility; working with GIS applications
- Provide GIS and database support for the Risk Assessment model and algorithm.
- Work on projects that support the team's ability to use GIS and databases for risk assessment.
- Document and perform spatial analyses and data analyses that support analyzing risk to gas distribution assets.
- Follow the "Performer-Checker" standard-work process to have key DIMP deliverables checked by a second person prior to use.
- Provide technical support, spatial analyses, and map products for DIMP Engineers.
- Create, share, and maintain dashboards, reports, statistical information, data visualizations, and maps.
- Create GIS layers and digitize internal and external supplied information.
- Provide GIS support for immediate data requests and emergent events.
- Continuously share and learn expertise with DIMP Gas Technical Specialists.
- Assist in the preparation of annual reports to FERC, SEC, OPS and CPUC.
- Bring forward-thinking and technical solutions to complex problems.
- Organizes, creates, manipulates, enters and retrieves GIS data for reporting, analysis and presentation purposes.