IGP OMS Product Owner, PrincipalI'm Interested Date posted 10/16/2020
Requisition ID # 69521
Job Category : Engineering / Science; Information Technology; Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : San Ramon
This is a key leadership role within the Integrated Grid Platform (IGP) organization at PG&E.
Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS) deployment is one of the major workstreams within the IGP program at PG&E. The ADMS system will, when fully deployed, incorporate the functionality of PG&E’s Distribution Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System (SCADA), Distribution Management System (DMS), and Outage Management System (OMS) capabilities. This role will be for all product owner responsibilities related to Outage Management System and supporting functionality of the ADMS.
The Product Owner provides a clear vision of the product that will be implemented. From the vision the Product Owner forms well defined user stories, prioritizes user stories and backlog and provides a clear-time line of the product. Maintains the technical integrity and quality of the features/components the team is responsible for. The Product Owner focuses on the end-user experience, needs and features that drive a roadmap to deliver their vision; builds and maintains relationships that allow the Product Owner to act as the customer proxy; and uses influence to overcome hierarchal challenges.
The OMS product owner will work closely with:
- Users of the system (including, distribution operators, engineers, field users, and leaders)
- Business Application (BA) team which is the Business Owner of the all production Operational Technology Applications. BA team will assume the responsibility for the system once it is in production and will be heavily engaged throughout the deployment process along with the users
- Grid Innovation and Integration organization which provides the future grid vision based on R&D and policy changes
- ADMS IT team
- DMS/Advanced Application and SCADA product owners
The position will be responsible for leading the team in developing the deployment plan, facilitating approvals for OMS release through major project governance reviews with PG&E executives (as part of a larger IGP business case), and setting up the execution organization. The position will matrix manage project managers, engineers, control center operators.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Science
- 7 years of job-related experience
- MBA or master’s degree in quantitative field
- Working knowledge of T&D grid & asset data
- Working knowledge of ABB, GE, OSI or Schneider Electric ADMS system
- Proven ability to foster teamwork and work collaboratively through projects driving disruptive change
- Working knowledge of Electric Distribution or Transmission Control Center operations and supporting applications
- Exceptional program management and program execution skills preferably in AGILE methodology
- Demonstrated experience leading programs that introduce significant technology and process change
- Ability to foster teamwork, and work collaboratively
- Motivated, self-starter, eager to master new skills
- Experience working in a cross-functional, highly matrixed environment
- Familiarity with Electric Operational studies, algorithms and techniques for electric grid power flow analysis, state estimating and an understanding of Distributed Energy Resources and their impact to the electric grid.