IT Product Specialist, Senior - Location Flexible
Requisition ID # 98662
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
We are seeking an IT Product Specialist, Senior. This role requires a high degree of independence, ownership and responsibility. This IT Product Specialist will support the product lifecycle for Voice and Audio Visual technologies. Major responsibilities include collaborating with key stakeholders in the selection process, developing detailed system designs from requirements, contract management, vendor management, capacity management, contributing to future direction and roadmaps, escalated support and product consulting, and documentation.
- Performs product management duties on high profile products or services.
- Manage the continuous product lifecycle from research, planning and implementation to retirement.
- Introduce new innovative solutions that enhance the existing capabilities of the product(s) or service(s).
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance with moderate scope and complexity.
- Mentors and trains the support staff and others on the targeted product(s) or service(s).
- Collaborate with peers in the accountable planning organization to contribute to the strategic vision and understand how it applies to the targeted products or services.
- Understand the industry’s product positioning, the product’s key benefits, and the product’s targeted users.
- Partner with the accountable planning organization to research new market technologies and contribute to recommendations that are aligned with the Company’s vision and values.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert for the assigned products or services and demonstrate full technical competence within the areas of computing or network.
- Understand and analyze a project’s business and technical requirements. Provide guidance and recommendations for gaps in the requirements.
- Leveraging targeted IT products or services, lead sessions with peers to translate requirements into a detailed solution design that teams can leverage to properly deploy and implement.
- Document design specifications, installation instructions, configuration manuals, procedure manuals, and other system-related information.
- Have an understanding of IT project and planning methodologies.
- Be able to provide accurate project timelines, labor and materials cost estimates to the project for assigned products or services.
- Be able to verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
- Have the ability to manage multiple assigned projects.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience with software, job-related, 1 year
- Job-related technical experience, 4 years
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Job-related technical experience, 6 years
- Utility industry experience, regulated