Principal Asset Family- Bay AreaI'm Interested Date posted 09/16/2020
Requisition ID # 62285
Job Category : Engineering / Science
Job Level : Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Job Location : San Ramon
The Distribution Integrity Management organization is responsible for the integrity management of the gas distribution system as well as Asset Family Ownership for Distribution Mains and Services as well as Customer Connected Equipment. The department focuses on identifying risk, understanding the drivers behind the risk, and establishing mitigation activities to reduce risk. The DIMP complies with Title 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations – Transportation (49 CFR), Part 192, Subpart P and Asset Family Ownership supports ISO 55000 and PAS 55
The Asset Family Principal position is responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of the Asset Management Plans and updating the Event Based Risk Models for the Distribution Mains and Services and Customer Connected Equipment Asset Families. This position supports external audits for Asset Management as well as providing assistance to General Rates Cases and budget planning for the asset families.
Position can be based anywhere in PG&E’s Bay Area region.
- Leads asset family risk assessment efforts and coordinates across asset families in accordance with PG&E standards
- Provides the single point of contact on risk management within the asset family
- Develops, implements and monitors appropriate asset family risk mitigation activities and controls, working with Gas Operations business clients
- Coordinates with other asset family owners and subject matter experts (SME) and understands integration of all asset management plans
- Oversees coordination of risk register updates and asset management plans for their asset families
- Leverages risk information to understand and challenge business decisions
- Contributes to the development of best practices in risk and asset management across Gas Operations
- Develops and coordinates the preparation of materials for senior management
- Leads and coordinates rate case initiatives for asset families
- Effectively communicates highly complex ideas to diverse audiences
- Develops, documents, updates and maintains Asset Management process documentation
- Ensures the Asset Family Owner and the risk owner are aware of the operational risk associated with assets within each asset family
- Supports investment planning in risk-based prioritization assessments, ensuring high level of alignment in methodologies and assessments
- Works closely with other functions, in particular with Asset Knowledge Management, to support the AFO in developing an asset management data quality improvement plan
- Understands ERIM (Enterprise Records Information Management) reporting requirements and facilitates asset family compliance
- Oversee and manage department budget and process improvement initiatives
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering with emphasis on related/assigned discipline (i.e., mechanical, civil or electrical engineering, etc.)
- 10 years’ experience in gas transmission or distribution design, operations, and/or maintenance environment
• Experience in Asset Management.
• Experience in Gas Distribution Engineering and Design.
• Excellent knowledge of gas distribution and transmission engineering, operations, construction, and maintenance aspects of the gas utility business
• 7 years of Natural Gas or Petroleum experience
• Extensive experience in Risk and/or Integrity Management
• Extensive operations/field experience
• Extensive experience in pipeline construction
• Extensive knowledge of material properties, performance characteristics, and fabrication
• Extensive knowledge of welding practices
• Excellent knowledge of corrosion mechanisms and corrosion control
• Excellent knowledge of 49 CFR Part 192, CPUC GO 112E
• Extensive budget and Project Management experience
• Deep expertise in one or more specific areas of engineering research and testing concepts, theories, practices, methods, techniques. Breadth of knowledge in several other engineering disciplines, or company business operations.
• Expertise in investigative and analytical problem solving methods and techniques.
• High level and effective project management and team leadership skills to lead the most complex and high impact projects.
• Depth and breadth of knowledge of quality assurance and control concepts and practices.
• Excellent organizational skills to effectively monitor and lead technical tests.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively deliver findings and recommendations to senior leadership.
• Excellent customer service orientation, adapting project plan and team leadership to customer needs as appropriate.
• Professional Engineering License (PE)
• Exercises independent judgment in leading teams on the most complex projects with the high financial impact to PG&E and/or the client.
• Leads projects, determining scope, schedule, budget and preparing and presenting client bid proposals.
• Is the authority in one discipline or type of gas systems service and offers breadth of knowledge and performs analysis and projects across several disciplines.
• Develops, prepares and presents findings, conclusions and recommendations to senior leadership using a broader perspective, knowledge of the business and understanding of longer term implications to the client.
• Provides leadership and expertise in developing new standards, codes, guidelines, polices, techniques, procedures in PG&E technical services. Utilizes a broad business understanding to solve the most complex problems in creative ways, ensuring solutions consider both short and long term business impact.
• Leads project teams in the performance of tests and the preparation of technical reports and specifications. Prepares and delivers presentations and recommendations based on project results/findings, advice and expertise, frequently to senior leadership.
• Identifies new technologies, innovations and cost-reduction opportunities. Conceives and investigates new areas; contributes new designs and techniques regarded as major advances in the company or industry.
• Develops and presents recommendations and business cases for new and innovative programs, processes and solutions to senior leaders in Gas Operations gaining buy-in and approval.
• Interfaces with clients, handling the more sensitive issues, to understand expectations, concerns and ensure strong customer satisfaction.
• Represents PG&E and provides testimony or information related to projects or other issues to external customers, agencies or other parties.
• Recognized outside the company as an expert or authority on a engineering/technical field or discipline.
• Represents PG&E and speaks at conferences or seminars. May write articles in trade journals. Influences industry developments.