Principal, Business Process Analyst (Flexible location)
Requisition ID # 145363
Job Category: Business Operations / Strategy
Job Level: Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Operations - Other
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: San Ramon; Alameda; Alta; Angels Camp; Antioch; Auberry; Auburn; Avenal; Avila Beach; Bakersfield; Balch Camp; Bear Valley; Belden; Bellota; Belmont; Benicia; Berkeley; Brentwood; Brisbane; Buellton; Burney; Buttonwillow; Calistoga; Campbell; Canyon Dam; Canyondam; Capitola; Caruthers; Chico; Clearlake; Clovis; Coalinga; Colusa; Concord; Concord; Corcoran; Cottonwood; Cupertino; Daly City; Danville; Davis; Dinuba; Downieville; Dublin; Emeryville; Eureka; Fairfield; Folsom; Fort Bragg; Fortuna; Fremont; French Camp; Fresno; Fresno; Fulton; Garberville; Geyserville; Gilroy; Goodyear; Grass Valley; Guerneville; Half Moon Bay; Hayward; Hinkley; Hollister; Holt; Houston; Huron; Jackson; Kerman; King City; Lakeport; Lemoore; Lincoln; Linden; Livermore; Lodi; Loomis; Los Banos; Lower Lake; Madera; Magalia; Manteca; Manton; Mariposa; Martell; Marysville; Maxwell; Menlo Park; Merced; Meridian; Millbrae; Milpitas; Modesto; Monterey; Montgomery Creek; Morgan Hill; Morro Bay; Moss Landing; Mountain View; Napa; Needles; Newark; Newman; Novato; Oakdale; Oakhurst; Oakland; Oakley; Olema; Orinda; Orland; Oroville; Palo Alto; Palo Cedro; Paradise; Parkwood; Paso Robles; Petaluma; Pioneer; Pismo Beach; Pittsburg; Placerville; Pleasant Hill; Point Arena; Potter Valley; Quincy; Rancho Cordova; Red Bluff; Redding; Richmond; Ridgecrest; Rio Vista; Rocklin; Roseville; Round Mountain; Sacramento; Salinas; San Bruno; San Carlos; San Francisco; San Francisco; San Jose; San Luis Obispo; San Mateo; San Rafael; Sanger; Santa Cruz; Santa Maria; Santa Nella; Santa Rosa; Selma; Shaver Lake; Sonoma; Sonora; South San Francisco; Springville; Stockton; Storrie; Taft; Tracy; Turlock; Twain; Ukiah; Vacaville; Vallejo; Walnut Creek; Wasco; Washington; Watsonville; West Sacramento; Wheatland; Whitmore; Willits; Willow Creek; Willows; Windsor; Winters; Woodland; Yuba City
Business Process Analysts evaluate the effectiveness of, and recommend improvements to, business process, practice, and procedures. Business process related activities are focused on measuring and improving quality, cost effectiveness, efficiency, customer satisfaction and other desired business outcomes and strategic business decisions.
This position offers a flexible work location within the PG&E service territory.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, collective bargaining agreements, and internal equity.
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area Minimum: $132,000
Bay Area Maximum: $226,000
California Minimum: $125,000
California Maximum: $215,000
This job is also eligible to participate in PG&E’s discretionary incentive compensation programs.
Responsibilities typically include many or all of the following:
- Effectiveness and Root Cause Analysis: Evaluates and measures success of various business processes, practices and procedures and identifies opportunities for improvements. Compiles and analyzes data, documents work process and procedures, conducts internal and/or external surveys and interviews in order to identify and quantify issues and recommend solutions.
- Metrics and Reporting: Develops and tracks business process related metrics. Develops and maintains standard, custom and ad-hoc reports.
- Quality Assurance: Develops and updates quality standards, monitors quality, identifies issues and recommends improvements.
- Business Process Improvement: Business process improvement activities in support of the business, including process mapping and re-design.
- Training Content Development and Delivery: May develop and/or deliver end-to-end process training in a one-on-one or group setting.
- Project Management: May lead projects, determine scope, budget, timeframes, form teams, assign tasks, manage resources and issues.
- Performs root cause analysis on the most complex processes that have cross functional impact.
- Solves unique and complex process problems, anticipating issues and developing innovative process solutions. Presents findings and proposes recommendations to senior leadership to gain agreement.
- Develops highly complex process tracking systems that have wide ranging impact and application across multiple departments.
- Works with senior management to support strategic planning and decision making in relation to organizational and cross functional business processes.
- May manage major cross-functional projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor of Science in Business, Statistics, Mathematics or related field or equivalent work experience.
- LSS Green Belt
- 8 years of related or equivalent experience.
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree.
- LSS Black Belt
- Depth and breadth of expertise in multiple qualitative and quantitative analytical methods, approaches, and tactics.
- Possesses unique subject matter expertise in root cause analysis and process improvement concepts, methods, and techniques.
- Creative and strategic problem-solving skills to develop new, innovative process solutions.
- Strong analytical and writing skills to create compelling business cases based on complex business environments and inputs.
- Influence, negotiation & persuasion skills to gain agreement on recommended process improvements.
- Advanced project management skills & knowledge to lead the largest most complex projects across the line of business supported.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Deep knowledge and expertise of business and or industry drivers.
- Adaptable to changing business conditions and ambiguity.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Project, Visio, or similar software.